• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Hi Paul, I see Trumpeter are releasing a 1/16 251/22 (with the PAK 40). I was going to get this one but now I think I will wait for the 2, as its my Fav variant. Looking forward to when you build this one.
Andy at Andy's Hobby Headquarters has been building one on Utube. That is part of why I jumped on this. I had seen Trumpeter's kit, but it is like one of the Dragon kits just larger. It has no engine, chassis, or any of that detail. I would love to build an interesting variant as there are so many, just to do it.

There are 3D printed upgrades for these already to upgrade and to convert to different versions. Not sure about files as I havent looked.
James

View attachment 162556

I have unfinished business with one of these sets from about 15 years ago and just found another on ebay. They are long out of production now
But sometimes they come up when people clear out their stash.
This is a full resin set and i remember it being a complete nightmare, basically the front over hang was too heavy for the resin supports to the bulkhead but hopefully now with 15 more years under my belt i will solve that with .4mm piano wire.......................one day :)
I think I got that set also Paddy. I'm going to wrap up my Mustang and probably do the airfix one. I think I'm going to get a couple more aircraft in before doing the MacRobertson line up.

Git'er done.

And it is a repop of an Accurate Miniatures set, Paddy.
Do you mean Monogram ProModeler?
1696800330443.png

Sorry for disappearing but lots of real-life sucking the joy out of my hobby and time.

$6USD shipped from Amazon. A 22 piece wax pencil set used to pick up small items. Beats snot on a toothpick.
EbayWaxPencilSet.JPG

My Eduard kit (Academy molds) needs tweaking:
Eduard48240P47DAcademy.JPG

Repairing water damage on the kitchen ceiling but an extra one snuck in for the bench.
GatorSandingSponge.JPG

Last edited:
New Kitchen in the works then?
While the wife would love that, I don't have the time. I simply had to find the source of the leak in the attic and repair it (attic fan was the culprit) and then replacing part of the ceiling by myself.

Last edited:
Hi Bob
Just taking a bit of time off from models while i get some proper work done, the Mustang is a way down the list TBH as i just built the Eduard one and i have Eduard Zero lined up soon.
I have to say Airfix have really upped their game and this P51 looks very very good expesially the surface detail.

For deep panel lines, give the lines a couple of thick spray coats of primer, let dry, and then sand away down to plastic. Depending on how thick the primer coat was, the panel lines should now be smaller.

Back