• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

@paddy, it is a VERY nice kit but you need to take your time! If you ever built any Mirror Models kits, you will know what to expect. If not, be prepared to dry fit often (more about orientation than fit). Tolerances are tight so adjusting one part to 'fit' will throw off the tolerances on other mating surfaces. In other words, a Domino Effect. Make sure it is correctly oriented prior to adding glue.

Regards,

Order from Israel arrived today. A couple weeks ago a buddy sent me a message, "Hey, check out this recce conversion for an Israeli F-4." Damnit... So while I was placing an international order, figured I might as well see what else they had that I couldn't readily get on this side of the pond.

Resin conversion for an early F-4 to convert to a F-4E(S). F-4E strike camera to fit in the forward Sparrow well. A Barak conversion for the F-16C/D.

Bit of a spur of the moment purchase...they were blowing these out...too good of a deal for me to pass on. Such a cool looking aircraft.

And some decals I've had my eyes on for a while. I'll probably get double use out of the Barak set, as I'm very tempted to use some of the squadron markings on my F-16XL.

Nice new book!
MEaW42AirPowerArabWorld1909-1955.JPG

Regards,

Bit of a spur of the moment purchase...they were blowing these out...too good of a deal for me to pass on. Such a cool looking aircraft.
Here's a refercene photo for ya. One was flying around London when I was there a couple of years ago.
QLH7qX5RG0i8QMscYleziAQ80o9qJpgtj1cKTdGw8XsNziL6Ar1DdfLgjohztgHUl018ZiNCFEOrvo4UvQte6D05TsF1GxQdW00CiaUF_z5VQ5SdeiZVEtn6FB2fz5xIxhj3Kk_zCR6TQXsIijXwcHeKUlASYSd8VEeFBrEro1QCc-3Qa-I1b_9XjuOmCyh3zUNQUgniDu_tUblo91wcXJcRj4XSKMOquR_01krLSBIVh9fH1-oMKigomGuFqE4ay8wxopc5cNnGm_9Oe9Qf7DD2lFwGXUXUIhC9iF67JtBTHDQ2hn2LTDSaEf1P9DvrtrzijoM05uY3elFy6bkcdZ7aKtXXd6oUY39xYzQ1B4XVZ9MjiOeT1SW4JmDpHE5DxDQ-M-SuE2G6dyGtgv0yVqHDU37dMV7MlbMSdWE5O4dOFsMbhQNvRqZidZYZ5hcwTR855rXbhnzF0Dl-aLQm4SPb2H_YRfcIaVGr6F420yWj4NI1a8QhPO70TPBfiyr9ELnMBvlPtL_uL7KfQMY0Yg1KYxkAUu1ORDRJJ4Nv5ECUanNiB8_rAG8qtBKqtka_nsdCbTZBkdEUIVClZU9xTiU2AXUFKgLjWnWVJs38dRB3XGbCEg9P4PdFkDqgH70KBsbPP_ya8tilPZ4g8nXLVhiTTUEWnAT8hXJLsKCHSBVgRsF4KbHc4UmqsZ4TsliMlLMS5IHYnz1WBLr4O2ODXNYb=w1208-h905-no

hope it helps... :peacesign2::dude:

From BNA Models in Australia (purchased through eBay where their store is a-modeler):
EduardBIG49181P51Dmeng.JPG

AliExpress, dirt cheap and free delivery, let's see how long they last. Brushes in 0, 00, 000, and 00000:
AliExpressBrushes00.JPG
AliExpressBrushes01.JPG

Regards,

This is what happens when I do research. I find something else that looks fun.

Came in this week
full

I do believe the M8 will make a neat South Vietnam version.

some other stuff
full

full

these parts came from a new company Hellcat Models (?)

full

full

full

Got a couple this week, the first is a Revell 1/16 Rolls Royce. This started life as an Entex/Gunze kit from Japan. It was one of the last kits I bought as a teenager before I got out of the hobby and I had really wanted to build it at the time but ended up selling it. I found this one complete and in sealed bags for $40 because the main body was broken, it was missing the instructions and most of the box was gone. I can easily pin the body and fix that and was able to get a scan of the instructions from someone on Scalemates so, win win!

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The other is a 1/48 Fiat Cr 25. I saw a couple years ago that Felix Rufolo from Italian Kits was offering pre-orders for a recasting, so I sent one. He contacted me just last week and said the kit was ready last weekend. Big surprise to me!

7.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like a nice kit. Now if I can hold off until the group build..
20220212_075808.jpg

Here is how the kit is packaged.
20220213_160651.jpg

Inside in one package is the sprues,mask,clear parts, and instructions.
20220213_160716.jpg

The clear parts are nice and clear.
20220213_161032.jpg

The sprues, plastic looks great and the detail is crisp.
20220213_161515.jpg
20220213_161504.jpg

Includes mask and PE
20220213_161203.jpg

Inside the instructions are the decals
20220213_161236.jpg

The decals look very nice and have great color depth.
20220213_161244.jpg

Example of the instructions
20220213_161340.jpg
20220213_161413.jpg

@Sharkmouth here you go.

Last edited:
Seems like a nice kit. Now if I can hold off until the group build...
Well, I know it is a nice kit! :D
Sprue trees are on their way to me as thank you from Wojtek. It's too bad his decal designer has a preference for the Pacific Theater so I guess I should be happy he included the sharkmouth scheme under both owners.

@moon puppy, we have the votes but we need to cull the old campaigns when you have time.

@Mo_, it should not be long for the start... if not, Miniature March (or whatever it is called) is only a few weeks away! If you can, post the contents. I am only getting the plastic since I have decals on the way for two other schemes (guess which?):

1644678172878.png

The Real Deals
P-51B-10NA 42-106737 The Mighty Midget.jpg
P-51B-10NA 42-106486 Virginia C3 A Lt. McGee.jpg

Hopefully, I can find decals (or complete markings information) for this one:
p-51B P-51B4 betoethell.jpg

Regards,

Nevermind... found several more photos on another drive! I should learn to be more patient as I search my wirelessly connected storage drives (WSAN).

P-51B-7-NA 43-6638 355FS, 354FG Code GQ*T Blue spinner, blue & white checkers, OD used paint over white recognition stripes on upper wings, horizontal and vertical tail surfaces, and beaten D-Day stripes.
P-51B p51b1.jpg
P-51B p51b2.jpg
P-51B p51b3.jpg
p-51B P-51B4 betoethell.jpg

May need to go a larger scale as it has a lot going for it!

Regards,

Last edited:
New books...

This book is full color throughout.
E@W16NeverReady.JPG
HPHGrummanEA6BProwler.JPG
Click to see inside.

Truly nice but after correctly identifying the vehicles, the author foolishly includes the erroneous nicknames such as Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma, Sturmpanzer IV Brummbär, Jagdpanzer 38 Hetzer, and he keeps using King Tiger (instead of Tiger II or Tiger Ausf. B). As my son already knows from a visit to a German zoo (he makes me proud of his German fluency), Königstiger is Bengal Tiger, a name only used in a film.
PekoTankBattlesMarshalRokossovsky00.JPG

Bought this Medallion Models conversion for the ancient Monogram kit for 21 US dollars and it is missing the starboard upper wing (as well as the base kit). However, the seller did mention it...
MedallionModels P51D.JPG

So, why buy it? It still has usable flaps, horizontal stabilizers, and pilot's seat. Also, the Mustang improvements included below far exceeded the 21 USD paid (and got free shipping too).

Flaps for the Hasegawa kit (I already have two sets of flaps for my one kit but I can probably adapt to others):
KMC485103P51Dflaps eBay.JPG

Aires P-51B/C (yep, not really useful on a P-51D) wheel well set for Tamiya kit (it should fit ICM's clone as well):
Aires4186P51BCwheelbay eBay.JPG

Moskit exhausts which are rare, expensive, and happily accepted although these are for the Allison engine and not the Merlin... No problem! I have several Accurate Miniatures Allison engine Mustangs!
Moskit4813P51Aexhausts eBay.JPG

Regards,

Definitely interested in your thoughts on the Prowler book. I've seen it somewhere at one time and it caught my eye.
I will take some photos of what is inside. Each book has a different photographer which means their focus is not always exactly the same.

Regards,

Back