• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Heat and Air is a must. Might even have some plumbing in this one because i'm very close to water source. I'll be closer to the house than my old garage so coffee will still be warm when I get there.

20210707_192222.jpg
Shapeways order arrived today. The box was well battered. The dinky contents were unharmed. M-41 Walker Bulldogs. Will your Micro-model Nut drill the commander's hatch, add a scale Jeb Stuart and apply scale "The Haunted Tank" decals? What of the M2 .50 caliber machine gun? Will He replace the 3D gun with a brass barrel? See what I have done to my model self?!?:facepalm:
Does it seem as if I have committed self-sex? I expect I did just that!
20210707_192331.jpg20210707_192346.jpg
HMS Diana. Waterline with separate main deck and cannon aplenty! Not a ship model for the uninitiated. Sails may well come from steeped tea bags of coffee filters. (Thanks Mike for the idea, one more time!) How many friggin' PEE figures will populate this tiny gem? How much Rum does The Rhino actually have? OMAFA!!
20210707_192518.jpg20210707_192529.jpg
British Seaplanes will stand in for the 1/700 scale US Navy Consolidated P2Y. A little shaping and they will be just fine! Only you guys will know about my subterfuge. See, I have a "Thing" for seaplanes.:stinker:
20210707_192657.jpg
These are too cute for words. The 1941 GMC pickup truck. One of these lil' Darlin's will help populate the cliff for the 1/700 Bermuda diorama.

1/350 40mm guns for the PTF/Universal Hull project arrived along with some 1/700 DE Havilland Beavers on floats and some much needed Douglas F4D-1 Skyray jets. These are all filament 3D Ultra fine detail prints, so sunshine curing and a dip in Future will precede any finishing.
These most likely will not be molded, since they are not my intellectual property.

What are those seaplanes?? Stranraers?

I haven't bought anything since before Christmas so I did pick up a few at a club meeting and off Ebay

First, got these two at my clubs year end raffle.

IMG_4451.JPG

Already have one of these in the stash but thought a second one would make a good yellow wings "what if" project

IMG_4452.JPG

Then I found this one from Halberd Models on Ebay. It uses the Eduard BF 109 G6 kit and their conversion resin. Bought a second conversion kit for another 109.

IMG_4449.JPG

IMG_4450.JPG

Here is my latest, and likely last for awhile. I don’t think I’ll get to these for some months! But they do show my continuing fascination with “all thins Israeli.”

Attachments

• D5209F00-50B5-4600-BDE9-979F4BEDE083.jpeg
    D5209F00-50B5-4600-BDE9-979F4BEDE083.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
I had no idea that this was going to be released this year..I gave everything a quick look over..looks great in my opinion..it is a short run kit so things will need cleaning up.how it builds will be another story. I haven't seen any builds yet.
20210709_171201.jpg

I had no idea that this was going to be released this year..I gave everything a quick look over..looks great in my opinion..it is a short run kit so things will need cleaning up.how it builds will be another story. I haven't seen any builds yet.View attachment 139735
I just noticed that Sprue Bros has all the Helldiver stuff in stock (at the moment) As I have one of the original HPH resin kits in my stash, it is what I will eventually build. Only thing I see different between the old resin and the new kit is there is the folded wings detail now available. (which might work with the old resin kit).

Enjoy the new kit Mo! It looks like the did good!

That's crazy man. Are these custom designed or available for all?
The Shapeways website makes these available to any one. Their search is vague, so you have to sift through 1,500 items to narrow down what you wish for. I have done business with Shapeways long enough to remember a time when customer service meant something to them.

Warren, The seaplanes are in truth Saunders-Roe A.27 London flying boats. Consolidated P2Y's are available, in 1/285 scale in "White Natural Versatile" (soft, pebbly, porous) plastic. Might be fun for gamers, but unsatisfying to a modeler.
If you have lots of money and LOTS of patience, almost any miniature a Man wishes for can be found on Shapeways.

Ive heard that the new resin will work for the resin kit. Also heard the the new resin was for the resin kit...I dont know..I guess I will find out when i build this beast!

I had no idea that this was going to be released this year..I gave everything a quick look over..looks great in my opinion..it is a short run kit so things will need cleaning up.how it builds will be another story. I haven't seen any builds yet.View attachment 139735
I have seen one build on this and the fellow wasnt very happy. From the sounds of it the original resin kit is better and in the long run cheaper. Having said that I still want one although I am trying to show restraint. Actually if I the money I'll probably end up getting the FF33 instead.
Looking forward to your build and thoughts on it.
James

I sat up under that thing in RAF Museum, you really don't get a sense of how large that thing is just looking at it.

Glad to see it's selling well. But I guess I should build the old one first anyway since it's in the stash already.

Back