• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

I just preordered the two from Atlantis, just what my grandkids need. I think Dick Dastardly is filling in for the Red Baron. All is fair in comic strips!

I just preordered the two from Atlantis, just what my grandkids need. I think Dick Dastardly is filling in for the Red Baron. All is fair in comic strips
Bravo! I had the same thought! Our Grandkids birthdays come later this summer. My Red Baron kit came without instructions, or they were lost when the box was pranged. :bm:

I sent Steve an email about possible replacement. Is it not great fun being a Grampa?

Got the last of my stuff. When I mentioned that I had the T-35 book that Sharkmouth showed he mentioned the Zvezda kit was good. So I got it. Also while I was getting ready to do DAK stuff I remembered that Mike had shown a book and said it was good. So ordered iot als. Then the new Pz Ivs came out and so got one the ausf G/H with interior and 2 of the Ausf G kits and then of course 2 new SAMS for work. I'm going to see how the AK Ivy works and looks and got a new holding tool which is way better than the last one I had.The new book on Berlin is bigger and heavyer than I thought but has great reviews. It comes with a neat map book. Now if these Kidney Stones will stop I can get the IV out of my arm and do some building.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

James

Did you say KIdney Stones? :bash:

I've had them 2X and Carol has had them 6X. :vmad:

Neat Haul!
Yes. Had them once before about 4 years ago. Thought this was the weather affecting my back but nope, stones. Of course this happens after a few weeks of nice weather which melted pretty much all he snow. Then we got hit with a good snowstorm and temps dropped again. So blowing snow, icey roads cold and hurting. Sigh. And now I cant do much of anything until they remove the iv from my arm.

Sorry to hear you have been going through that James. Hope it passes easily and soon.

big bang bag.gif

I managed to find a bottle of Solvaset. Internet search took me to a model train supply which had only 1 bottle. I looked over their stock to see what all they had, but it was literally train stuff. They had a full selection of Evergreen plastic and that kind of stuff but not really anything I needed.

I have a Pzkw III J kit on the way from SprueBros along with some interesting tools. Should be here Thursday.

Tommy's War recently re-released some of their figure kits. I picked up the what was the first release in their Victoria Cross Heroes. The kit depicts the Affair at Nery, the last gun firing of L Battery RHA at Nery, France on 01 Sep 1914.

The kit is 1/32 (54mm) all resin and includes an Ordnance 13 Pounder QF, a Carriage Limber, 4 figures (3 manning the gun, 1 casualty) and spent shell casings.

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

The completed kit from Tommy's War website.

IMG_2390.jpg

During the Retreat from Mons, the 1st Cavalry Brigade bivouacked at the village of Nery on the night of 31 Aug. Their planned 0430 departure was delayed by heavy fog and the troops were still preparing when the fog suddenly lifted and the village was swept by fire. L Battery was in an exposed position on the left flank less than a 1,000 yards from the German artillery. Survivors managed to get 3 guns unlimbered. The first gun was taken out of action before it could fire a shot. The second gun was taken out of action after firing a few rounds.

The third gun lead a charmed life and continued fire to despite the mounting casualties. Captain E Bradbury directed the gun and brought ammunition to the gun until loosing a leg. He continued directing fire until he died of his wounds. Battery Sergeant Major GT Dorrell and Sergeant D Nelson continued firing until they had expanded the last of their ammunition. The stand had allowed 1st Cavalry Brigade to reform and launch a counter attack that made the Germans retreat in disorder.

For their action that day, L Battery was awarded Nery as a battle honour and have been known as L (Nery) Battery since. Capt. Bradbury was awarded the Victoria Cross (posthumously) and is buried at the Nery Communal Cemetery. BSM Dorrell was awarded the Victoria Cross, retiring from the RHA as a Major in 1925. He served in the Home Guard during WW2, dying 07 Jan 1971, age 90. Sgt D Nelson also received the Victoria Cross. He was severely wounded and evacuated to a Field Hospital which was later captured by German troops. He managed to escape and had shrapnel removed from his lung at a French Hospital. He was KIA as a Major commanding a battery near Lilliers on 08 Apr 1918.

Their gun, along with several others, were recovered and immediately sent back to England for museums and memorials after the war. It is now on display in the IWM still bearing the scars of its last battle.

Rich

Tommy's War recently re-released some of their figure kits. I picked up the what was the first release in their Victoria Cross Heroes. The kit depicts the Affair at Nery, the last gun firing of L Battery RHA at Nery, France on 01 Sep 1914.

The kit is 1/32 (54mm) all resin and includes an Ordnance 13 Pounder QF, a Carriage Limber, 4 figures (3 manning the gun, 1 casualty) and spent shell casings.

View attachment 135305

View attachment 135306

View attachment 135307

View attachment 135308

The completed kit from Tommy's War website.

View attachment 135309

During the Retreat from Mons, the 1st Cavalry Brigade bivouacked at the village of Nery on the night of 31 Aug. Their planned 0430 departure was delayed by heavy fog and the troops were still preparing when the fog suddenly lifted and the village was swept by fire. L Battery was in an exposed position on the left flank less than a 1,000 yards from the German artillery. Survivors managed to get 3 guns unlimbered. The first gun was taken out of action before it could fire a shot. The second gun was taken out of action after firing a few rounds.

The third gun lead a charmed life and continued fire to despite the mounting casualties. Captain E Bradbury directed the gun and brought ammunition to the gun until loosing a leg. He continued directing fire until he died of his wounds. Battery Sergeant Major GT Dorrell and Sergeant D Nelson continued firing until they had expanded the last of their ammunition. The stand had allowed 1st Cavalry Brigade to reform and launch a counter attack that made the Germans retreat in disorder.

For their action that day, L Battery was awarded Nery as a battle honour and have been known as L (Nery) Battery since. Capt. Bradbury was awarded the Victoria Cross (posthumously) and is buried at the Nery Communal Cemetery. BSM Dorrell was awarded the Victoria Cross, retiring from the RHA as a Major in 1925. He served in the Home Guard during WW2, dying 07 Jan 1971, age 90. Sgt D Nelson also received the Victoria Cross. He was severely wounded and evacuated to a Field Hospital which was later captured by German troops. He managed to escape and had shrapnel removed from his lung at a French Hospital. He was KIA as a Major commanding a battery near Lilliers on 08 Apr 1918.

Their gun, along with several others, were recovered and immediately sent back to England for museums and memorials after the war. It is now on display in the IWM still bearing the scars of its last battle.

Rich
Its a nice vignette Rich. I got it when it first came out. Still too scared of doing flesh to start it.
James

Bravo! I had the same thought! Our Grandkids birthdays come later this summer. My Red Baron kit came without instructions, or they were lost when the box was pranged. :bm:

Right click and download:

View attachment 135318

View attachment 135320

View attachment 135321

View attachment 135322

View attachment 135323

View attachment 135324

View attachment 135325

View attachment 135326
The Atlantis people wasted no time sending me replacement instructions in the mail. Thank you just the same!

One of the motors in the two kits I got was weak, it wouldn't keep spinning, so I ordered two more from Atlantis. If you put the battery in the way polarity is marked on the metal part the prop will rather run backwards than forwards, so I reversed the battery. My 5 year old grandson studied the instructions and did most of the building, with a little extra pressing in place from grandpa now and then. We also glued the parts. All went well until grandma stole it for a table decoration.

short action video of Red Baron Dr.1

0012dr1.jpg

When I went in the USAF I was slated to be a bomb loader on the A-10, when I finshed boot they switched me to the B-52, I so wish they had left me there because I wouldn't have been sent to Grand Freakin' Forks.... :bash:
Hey, you could have been sent to "Why not Minot".

Back