• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

I reviewed a book here that has the picture that car is based on. The paint scheme will be a pain if you do it. I think mine will be either grey or captured.
https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=293x10000:format=jpg/path/s047d369ed9c8e78a/image/if0f5e67b3b0d76c5/version/1539001327/image.jpg
James

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks for the heads up James.

Yeah I like that camo scheme and am probably going to do it. My new Badger Sotar 20-20 Slim has been working great. Have not hooked up my Krome or LG-100 since I got back from Wonderfest. I will probably get the Krome hooked up for the P-38 exterior though since the Sotar is a VERY small cup. Much easier to use it on small and quick stuff, put a few drops in and spray, easy to clean as well.

The kit is quite complex for the size and very detailed. Looks like it will be fun. Have not had a MiniArt car or armor kit before.

Latest Acquisitions

They are quite complex but boy they look good. I have a few miniature kits now. Also their customer support is most excellent.
James

Latest Acquisitions

This showed up on my doorstep last saturday... :dude

hd1c6a89.jpg

The question then becomes what shall I do with? :hmmm
:v

Latest Acquisitions

This showed up on my doorstep last saturday... :dude

hd1c6a89.jpg

The question then becomes what shall I do with? :hmmm

Crazy angles on that one! What should you do with it? Why, build it, of course! :dude

Latest Acquisitions

Crazy angles on that one! What should you do with it? Why, build it, of course! :dude

I was afraid someone going to say that how can I resist NOW :bang head ...I guess I'll start to clean up the suspension...that take some time. :gogo

Latest Acquisitions

I recently picked up a couple of full on builds, and have a third on the way. Once I get the third one here I think I'm going to pick one for the 10 years campaign.

First up:

h6c72a49.jpg

This is the 1/48 scale Zoukei Mura F-4D. I've also picked up wing tanks, ejection seats and the fuselage correction kit from Hyperscale Models, Resin Wheels and metal landing gear from Zoukei Mura, Seamless intakes, ECM Pod bomb rack, and exhaust nozzles from GT Resin, The Pave Knife targeting Pod and ECM Pod from Eduard's Brassin Line and lastly Master Model turned brass pitot tubes.

The intent is to build this as an Paveway I armed bomber during the Linebacker I campaign in 1972.

Next Up:

hea95b39.jpg

This is the 1/32 scale Revell FW-190F-8. I've got both Brassin Combo Packs which include the cockpit, engine, fuselage gun bay, brass landing gear, etc. I've also got the Aries wing gun bays, Master gun barrels and pitot tube and masks for the insignias. I also have a set of HGW seat belts on the way.

Really cool sets, hope to get rolling on something soon!

Mike

Latest Acquisitions

Those look really neat Mike! I have pretty much the same setup for my Revell 1/32 Fw-190 kits. I always go full out with the AM sets though I have learned to avoid the CMK sets. The CMK sets for the older Revell 1/32 Ju-88 A1 are horrible and incorrect! In that case just the Eduard PE sets and Brassin wheels and tires are what is needed. The kit is pretty much spot on.

Latest Acquisitions

I recently picked up a couple of full on builds, and have a third on the way. Once I get the third one here I think I'm going to pick one for the 10 years campaign.

First up:

h6c72a49.jpg

This is the 1/48 scale Zoukei Mura F-4D. I've also picked up wing tanks, ejection seats and the fuselage correction kit from Hyperscale Models, Resin Wheels and metal landing gear from Zoukei Mura, Seamless intakes, ECM Pod bomb rack, and exhaust nozzles from GT Resin, The Pave Knife targeting Pod and ECM Pod from Eduard's Brassin Line and lastly Master Model turned brass pitot tubes.

The intent is to build this as an Paveway I armed bomber during the Linebacker I campaign in 1972.

Next Up:

hea95b39.jpg

This is the 1/32 scale Revell FW-190F-8. I've got both Brassin Combo Packs which include the cockpit, engine, fuselage gun bay, brass landing gear, etc. I've also got the Aries wing gun bays, Master gun barrels and pitot tube and masks for the insignias. I also have a set of HGW seat belts on the way.

Really cool sets, hope to get rolling on something soon!

Mike

As promised guys - here is the third of my major "build" purchases.

he066624.jpg

Academy F-4J
AOA Decals for USMC aircraft in Vietnam
Eduard Brassin cockpit, exhausts, Mk82 bombs, Mk77 Napalm canisters, GT Resin Intakes, and a few other little things. I think I still need to get MERs and TERs for this thing, but I'll cross that bridge later.

Ok guys - there are the three, anyone have a preference on what they see built for the 10 year campaign?

Mike!

Latest Acquisitions

I would say either of the first 2 Mike. They should be decent kits and should build up real nice. YOUR choice. I did the ask thing and got roped into building a POS Italeri Me 323 back a ways and it was such a POS that it ended up as a permanent resident of the Doom Shelf.

As I don't know Academy kits I would be leary, but it is your build so should be your choice.

Latest Acquisitions

I would say either of the first 2 Mike. They should be decent kits and should build up real nice. YOUR choice. I did the ask thing and got roped into building a POS Italeri Me 323 back a ways and it was such a POS that it ended up as a permanent resident of the Doom Shelf.

As I don't know Academy kits I would be leary, but it is your build so should be your choice.

No worries Paul, the Academy F-4s are generally considered pretty good kits all.

Personally I want to do all three, if anyone’s got a preference it may nudge me one way or another is all.

Latest Acquisitions

Finally the last of my Christmas presents came in. This is several sets of 1/72 scale resin tracks for a few different tanks. I got these to replace the tracks on several of my older models that lost them for whatever reason. I also got the AMX-30 tracks to replace the horrible ones on my French AMX-30 from Heller:

OKB_Grigorov_1-72_scale_tracks_I.jpg

That's it until my birthday....

Latest Acquisitions

Just received this weapons set from Miniart to add stuff to the Mammoth. They've really stepped up their game with not only quality weapons but also extra graphical content like maps and books...

h9028e67.jpg

h9b3e927.jpg

Back