• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

After waiting a couple of years for the not-so-local hobby shop to get it, I order the Academy MAgach 7C kit online. I wanted one before they went out of of production.

h8b4b741.jpg

Amazing upgrades; to think that that the base vehicle was the venerable M-60 tank.

Cheers

Latest Acquisitions

That is sweet! I'm still waiting for someone to release that in 1/72 scale. Lucky dog! I look forward to seeing this one built.

Latest Acquisitions

Happy Birthday to me!

It was a grand day that went exceptionally well at the Pasadena Valleycon. These are what I picked up as birthday presents during Valleycon...

I'll start with the things I bought for myself.

I needed glue so I bought some with the Vallejo filler:

Model_Supplies_IV.jpg

After that I saw a friend selling his Iwata Neo double action airbrush. I had to have that:

Iwata_Neo_Airbrush.jpg

He had even made some improvements on the brush to simplify use and make it more efficient.

Now for the models. I found this and thought I'd be able to make it Syrian:

Dragon_Jagdpanzer_IV_Early-Syrian.jpg

I may be wrong about being able to use that. I'll have to look it up.

This also caught my eye since it had a base to it:

Entex_105mm_Gun_Diorama.jpg

I saw these and liked them very much. The price was right and there are two models in that kit:

Pyro_Dueling_Pistols.jpg

I have a friend in a convalescent hospital who asked me to pick something up for him, so I got him this model since he wanted a car or truck:

Moebius_Models_1966_Shortbed_Pickup.jpg

Finally, I had a lot of extra birthday money available so I got these two models that I've been wanting to get for quite some time:

Revell_Airbus_A400_Grizzly.jpg

Finemolds_Millenium_Falcon.jpg

Yeah, I am gonna need a lot of ceiling space!

Now for my raffle prizes. I managed to win five of them, most of which I'll be offering for sale:

Roden_Pilatus_PC-6_Turbo.jpg

Moebius_Models_Stoned_Hoods_and_Crooks_Car.jpg

Academy_USS_Reuben_James_OHP_Frgate.jpg

Kitty_Hawk_OV-10D_Bronco.jpg

Tamiya_Type_16_Maneuver_Combat_Vehicle.jpg

Now, I'll probably build the Hoods and Crooks car just for fun. I want to sell the rest.

Note: the Academy frigate has been claimed

The Pilatus, the Bronco and the Type 16 are all up for grabs now. Highest offer will be honored.

Finally, the host club offered me a kit of my choosing from the unclaimed raffle prizes! So, I chose this one:

AMT_USS_Enterprise_Cut-Away.jpg

Yep! It was a glorious day!

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Chris! Looks like I'm gonna have to start a few large subjects now to clear some large boxes.

Latest Acquisitions

This was a birthday gift to myself that I ordered just after Christmas, Just arrived today!

h64c87c5.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Nice score Warren! :woohoo:

Quite the load Gerry. :good:

Had some decals show up that I've been looking for off and on for the past couple years. 131st TFS A-10s out of MA. These birds used to fly over my house all the time growing up.

Latest Acquisitions

Here are a couple of items I got in. The Revell kit I already had one, but this one is going to be used for a conversion to the Spanish built 109 that used the British engines.

Aq-357.jpg

Aq-358.jpg

Aq-359.jpg

Aq-360.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

That Fokker looks cool! I've been considering that kit, looks like a big improvement over the old Classic Resin Airframes kit

Well, I really liked the look of this kit so had to pick one up.

h57497bf.jpg

and this was for sale at my last meeting for cheap

hf43829c.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

That Fokker looks cool! I've been considering that kit, looks like a big improvement over the old Classic Resin Airframes kit

Well, I really liked the look of this kit so had to pick one up.

How's the 240Z kit? I've been thinking about getting one of those myself.

Latest Acquisitions

Starting on this one soon...been wanting to try the ICM trucks for a while now...

h1b162a7.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

How's the 240Z kit? I've been thinking about getting one of those myself.

It looks like a really good kit! I haven't built many autos since I was a kid but it's well detailed, molds look good, no engine to speak of but they added all the "racing" parts. it would probably look better with some aftermarket seat belts, if they make such a thing for cars, and I suspect they do!

I would recommend it based on what I see

Back