• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

C'mon guys, remember back!

Do you fell lucky? Well, do you punk? This is a .44 magnum, the world's most powerful hand gun. It would blow your head clean off. Well, do you punk?

I Love that line! Al;ways have!

:yipee

Latest Acquisitions

I meant to post these a couple weeks ago, my Christmas presents. Great additions to the library all.

h2b267a9.JPG

Latest Acquisitions

Got some stuff from the BNA sale today as well as some books and the new B-Type Omnibus. I also found an inexpensive Kettenkrad. I cant believe how hard it is to find the Kets and how expensive they are. I saw some as hi as $130 US plus shipping. Insane.

ha188dfc.JPG

hefd4249.JPG

h8dfb639.JPG

h4f807d1.JPG

hb36d74b.JPG

h4971234.JPG

h283d6b0.JPG

h79eb322.JPG

h889ebc5.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

I got some tools in today. They are all Border Models tools and there are some neat ones. The scraper has a very sharp beveled blade like a dagger. I was surprised to find that you can slip the handle off and you have a 3mm wide chisel. There is a liquid mask pen and it took a while to prime it but it seems to work well, at least on my desk. I'll try it on a canopy or window asap. Then 2 fine files which are nice. Then 3 file pens. They I am not sure about. I'll have to try them to see. They are different widths and so different carriers. 1 looks like a nice pen, while the second looks like a cheap pen and the third like a knife handle. The disappointing item was the WWI and WWII mask template. Some interesting stuff on it but its very jumbled and worse still the edges are not finished and so very sharp. I have a couple of other mask templates by other companies and they are much better than this one.
Next I have a barrel for a BA-3 I am building and the new Miniart Avro 671 Rota Mk I. WOW what a nice kit and I really want to get into it.
hc3e27ba.JPG

hbb6891d.JPG

ha3f8be6.JPG

James

Latest Acquisitions

That autogyro looks interesting James! What does the kit look like?

I finally broke down and dropped a couple of dollars as Squadron had a couple of kits I was interested in marked way down. The I added a little ref book for another kit I have in the stash.

h04288d3.jpg

h4c2f4d3.jpg

hac043ff.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Got the Batmobile and Type 97 in an auction...and the I-16 from the same Squadron sale Paul got his. The Mustang came unexpectedly from IPMS to review...I had forgotten I'd signed up for it...

hf72ce9f.jpg

h74c339f.jpg

h21c7aad.jpg

hd5ec688.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Two new trucks...
AFVClubAF35304M109ShopVanBox.JPG

HobbyBossWhite666SoftBox.JPG

And a Hurricane... this kit is awesome!

Click to see the contents of the box.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Happy Birthday Terry! Excellent choice!

A couple days ago we had our IPMS chapter meeting. I got this in the raffle:

Renwal_USS_King_.jpg

Now since I also have the Renwal USS Springfield, I can build both of these.

Before that however, a friend sold this to me; using up the last of my Christmas money:

Modelsvit_Antonov_An-124_Ruslan.jpg

That is a white one-foot-long ruler on the top of that box. yes, it is that big. The fuselage seen below is made from fiberglass, as is the wings and tail surfaces. All other parts are injection plastic. The ruler is still there to show size:

Modelsvit_Antonov_An-124_Ruslan_I.jpg

Later I also decided to test-fit the wings to see how big this monstrosity is. The tail feathers didn't fit, but I was able to at least balance the vertical stabilizer:

Modelsvit_Antonov_An-124_Ruslan_II.jpg

Yeah, that puppy will have to be all done at Hobby Day....

That's it for now. I have four Brookhurst gift cards; prizes from my AMPS meetings so I may have some more to show after the Spruefest show. Stay tuned.

Back