• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

The decals:
new_stuff_005-1.JPG

The two large ones on the bottom are extras thrown in so I can test them. Of the large sheets, the one on the left has a transparent film and the one on the right is printed on white decal stock.

Regards,

Thats some seriously good artwork !

Got my conversion and decals to make a 1/32 scale Mistel 2. Man its big. Also got the new He 111 decals for the soon to be released Revel kit in 1/32. You want an interesting looking plane, these markings are for you. Pictures shortly.
James

Just took the day off work to receive my latest shipment from the delivery dudes....

Dragon:
1/35 M4 (105) Howitzer Tank (#6548)
1/35 Jagdpanzer IV L/70(V) (#6397)
1/35 Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.C (#6291)
1/35 M7 Priest (mid production) (#6637)

Great Wall Hobby:
1/35 Rheinmetall 12.8cm K44 L/55 (#L3523)

Trumpeter:
1/35 Canadian LAV-III (#1519)

Kinetic:
1/48 US Navy E-2C Hawkeye (actually, this one arrived some weeks ago)

My very first Kinetic model kit. Saw this one on display at my LHS in completed form and it looked absolutely amazing. Have ordered external and internal photo etch update sets, metal wheel struts, photo etch/resin US modern carrier decking, and some US Navy carrier figures and vehicles.....

Might try to get some in box photo reviews done so the members can see what makes up some of these kits.

I'm one happy little vegemite....
aerobics.gif

After two horrid days of snow and ice, I finally got FOUR packages. Photos will follow later.

Package one:
Pin-Ups Plus has sent me a test sheet where the pinups are printed on various dark green backgrounds. I must say they look good on the sheet. I plan to apply them over a styrene sheet that is painted half black and half white as a test for translucency.

Package two:
Occidental 1/48th scale T-6G Texan won off e-Bay to do a Portuguese Tomcat as used over Africa.

Package three:
Pacific Coast Models 1/32nd scale Spitfire Mk. IX from a trade (so now I have another large scale kit, I wonder how hard to convert to a variant Vc or VIII which had a sharkmouth)

Package four:
After two false delays, I finally got my AFV Club package. Gato submarine (1942 model), Churchill Mk IV, proper Churchill tracks, Hummel/Nashorn/Hornisse suspension (although I wish they included Pz IV sprockets), and reflective glass for my Stryker kit.

Another package had arrived last week, an Italeri 1/72nd scale bagged C-119 kit I bought for my son's Godfather in Poland. I think I better invite him to post here, he is a master of brush painting!

Regards,

very nice. But is that reflective glass. I mean I have never seen it for a model. is it generic so it can be used with different models or is it for a specific model?

is it generic so it can be used with different models or is it for a specific model?

It is designed specifically for the AFV Club Stryker kits. Trumpeter was the first 'mainstream' kit producer who also made it for their Stryker optics.

However, it has been around for a while. Echelon fine Details produces several sets. Click on image to go to their site:

Regards,

I found that I was sent TWO Pin Up Plus sheets on dark backgrounds to try, I will post a photograph later.

Regards,

is it generic so it can be used with different models or is it for a specific model?

It is designed specifically for the AFV Club Stryker kits. Trumpeter was the first 'mainstream' kit producer who also made it for their Stryker optics.

However, it has been around for a while. Echelon fine Details produces several sets. Click on image to go to their site:

Regards,

Thanks Saul, Maybe someone will come up with some generic sheets you can use on all kinds of vehicles.

Joe

without pic (sorry folks)

yesterday a bay bargain arrived, the FB-111 in 1/48 be Kitech (not the best I know) ... and - no, Bob I won't do it in parallel with the B-2 :)

Shalom.

Finally got possession of my long awaited 1/35 scale Leopard 2A6M Canadian by Hobby boss. I'm delighted that the slat armour is styrene and not that pesky to assemble PE stuff. VBG LOL

Also got my Bronco 1/35 scale British 17-pounder ammunition. All I need now is the anti-tank gun to go with it. Hopefully the hobby shop will get one in soon.

Cheers from Peter

Finally got possession of my long awaited 1/35 scale Leopard 2A6M Canadian by Hobby boss. I'm delighted that the slat armour is styrene and not that pesky to assemble PE stuff. VBG LOL

Peter,

Yeah, that Canadian Leopard from HobbyBoss is pretty awesome. I have an un-built one myself. I've read some build reviews elsewhere that have had some warnings about the fit of the slate armour - especially the slates on the turret being too low at the rear and causing issues with the engine deck. Pays to do some test fitting and checking first.

Shalom.

Also got my Bronco 1/35 scale British 17-pounder ammunition. All I need now is the anti-tank gun to go with it. Hopefully the hobby shop will get one in soon.

Cheers from Peter

I still have to get one. I have a Tamiya kit with eduard pe and some resin, will have to build that soon also.
James

I wont recommend the seller but I will look for and buy more files.

Please name the seller and why so we can avoid that person as well.

Just got notified that the three items I ordered from Lucky Models which were definitely marked as in stock (for my A-20G and Centauro) are in limbo as the items are now only 'available.' I will write to the owner directly.

Regards,

I wont recommend the seller but I will look for and buy more files.

Please name the seller and why so we can avoid that person as well.

Just got notified that the three items I ordered from Lucky Models which were definitely marked as in stock (for my A-20G and Centauro) are in limbo as the items are now only 'available.' I will write to the owner directly.

Regards,

Fair enough. His tag is dntbay. He charges $9.00 US shipping for 1st item and $3.00 for each additional item. Fair enough even though each item cost 99 cents. So I paid $15.00 US for shipping and handling from. Ontario Canada to Alberta Canada for $3.00 worth of stuff. I figured cost of a box or cardboard envelope and CP that was acceptable. It arrived today in a letter envelope with a postage stamp of $1.25. That means he made about $13.00 US profit on shipping and handling. Never again from me.
James

Did you write back asking for a refund?

Regards,

No I didnt. Still being fairly new to the game that was the price I agreed to. I assumed the packing etc would be worth it. Suffice to say he has lost future business from me, and anyone who reads this might be warned off also.
James

Back