• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Congrats James! Man I'm envious, the one WnW build I have was a joy, wonderfully engineered and enough detail to work but also a great deal that can be added. Either way it builds up great.

I think I'd do the Roland first. If nothing else to get the riggin' experience behind ya.

Yup, I think Laura will be a bit disappointed. But this looks like a long term thing.

James

l_CHC5561.jpg

Whoo-hoo! An amazing kit.

Saul, do you ever just buy 1 or 2 things??

Most of the items are from the bargain bin and close to 50% off. Reach $100USD and Sprue Brothers refunds half the shipping costs. I can't help myself sometimes! OK, putty and sub were not really half off.

Regards,

Radubs WWI German seat belts for my Roland and Gotha and the new Nuts and Bolts and Gotha books.

sp-gothagiv.jpg

criket.jpg

James

Hey, I am reviewing that Nuts & Bolts book!

I did receive the Pinups Plus decals and they a re beautifully printed. Photos and review will follow.

Regards,

B) It must be in the air! I just got these as well and the Roland is on the way. These are truly beautiful kits at Tamiya standards and the instructions are beyond any i have seen. Good to see Wingnuts breaking new ground and continually setting a new standard.
I am building a Roden Albatross at present and it is like building a model from the early 80's.:sick: No comparison but nearly the same price here. Go New Zealand.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

B) It must be in the air! I just got these as well and the Roland is on the way. These are truly beautiful kits at Tamiya standards and the instructions are beyond any i have seen. Good to see Wingnuts breaking new ground and continually setting a new standard.
I am building a Roden Albatross at present and it is like building a model from the early 80's.:sick: No comparison but nearly the same price here. Go New Zealand.

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Ian, I would recommend the Windsock datafile 37 for the Roland although the reference pictures in the instructions are just as good and will do just fine. Also the new Gotha book I got by Ray Rimmel on building the WNW Gotha GIV is very interesting and a step by step build. Lots of hints and tips and info. I think well worth buying. I also got seat belts from Radub and the Parabelum 14's from Master Model. I got 3 but you could go with 2 as they didnt always carry 3. I really want to get a W 29. It looks so cool. Good haul and I'm sure lots of enjoyable hours.
James

Ian,

Nice to see what you will be working on soon! If I didn't already buy (at inflated prices to boot) Eduard's Brishfish and Crocodile, I would get the Bristol kit. I already have two Waifish (Roland C.II) from Eduard so I am hoping for some Fokker E.1 or DR.1 as I have NOT replaced the kit I gave away with the eyes and moustache.

;)

Regards,

I got Gotha'ed! My Bro-In-Law and his sweetie gave me one for my burfday- they are the best! I'm floored- and in a fabulous steak-stupor from my fabulous wife's dinner. :ro:

Just got a UPS Quantum View notification, that means a package is on the way with some AFV Club stuff I ordered.

Regards,

great - chuk got a gotha AND a steak! i hope the steak was as sirloin big as the gotha is! :D

will we see lil' chuk in a pickehaube sooner or later? :hmmm

Just got a UPS Quantum View notification, that means a package is on the way with some AFV Club stuff I ordered.

spoo! :blink

in clear words: that means you're awaiting tons of afv-club stuff?

Well, last time I ordered the wrong Churchill tracks and James already had them so I ended up getting another set but then... you know, added this and that to make shipping palatable...

Regards,

The decals:
new_stuff_005-1.JPG

The two large ones on the bottom are extras thrown in so I can test them. Of the large sheets, the one on the left has a transparent film and the one on the right is printed on white decal stock.

Regards,

I love those pin-ups Saul. Where did you get them?

I scored an Airfix 1/350 HMS Illustrious and HMS Trafalgar along with a 1/700 USS Independence, the trimaran hull, at our annual club contest Saturday.

Back