• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

D3324812-0308-4E58-8E46-32474BF64B6F_zpsv9klo0jg.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Don't usually buy up a lot of models during the summer when my summer teaching check from June has to last until mid-September...but I sold off that Eduard P-38 Lightning over Europe kit for nearly $100...and found some good sales....this one using a 40% coupon from AC Moore-- $12...
003~98.jpg

This one at Hobby Lobby for another $12 on another 40% coupon...and purely bought so that I could finally have decals for the 67th FBS scheme I really want for my Forgotten War build....thank God they put descriptions of the included schemes on the side of the box...it was either this or find OOP decals...pretty happy here-- and this kit isn't horrible...
004~91.jpg

And after seeing Kenny's, I had to have one...
005~84.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Packages waiting for me:

Click the photo for a look inside...

These are Firefly wheels for my Special Hobby Firefly Mk. IV/V with sharkmouth from an ARC Member sale:
BarracudaResin48004Firefly.JPG

I bought two of these MiG-23 replacement sets (intakes, lower air brakes, replacement canopy) but only one was in the box. I hope the oversight is corrected immediately:

Click for preview...

I bought two of these for the Eduard kits:
ColdWarStudiosMiG21BISnose.JPG

Cooper Details resin and white metal bits for the Whirlwind bought from an ARC member:
CooperDetailsWhirlwindDetails.JPG

Thanks to you guys mentioning the dropping magnifier (the bridge of my nose hurts) I got these and am happy:
eBayMagnifier.JPG

For the MiG-19. It is obvious why I bought these from an ARC member:
PrintScale48012MiG19.JPG

I also bought this from an ARC member for Hubert (Dewertus):
TrumpeterSeaHawkFG6.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Cooper Models had a $1USD decal blow out!

For Hubert (Dewertus)
ModelmakerD48011F16CDBock52Tiger.JPG

ModelmakerD48002MiG29.JPG

I got myself a MiG-29 sheet as well... so... what makes it fit my collection?
ModelmakerD48007MiG29.JPG

ModelmakerD48007MiG29Eyes.JPG

ModelmakerD48006MiG21BIS.JPG

One of these is a golden MiG-21M
ModelmakerD48004MiG21MMF.JPG

Caracal Models had a 50% off overstock sale:
CD48025T45CPt3.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Seeing that brings to mind a question. Being a Machinist's Mate, not in aviation, I'm not familiar with the nuances of aircraft.

When I was aboard ESSEX CVS-9, there was a detachment of A-4's aboard. According to my cruise book, they were A-4Ds, Navy, VA-81, Det 45. My 1963 cruise book shows a Marine detachment, H & MS MAG 32 flying A-4's. One caption says they were A4B's and one picture caption says they were A4D's. Now I'm really confused. I've not found any info on A-4D's, every other alphabet suffix but D. Do you know what specific design the D was in relation to the others? I'm building a Revell angle deck ESSEX to be in the 1961 to 1964 era as she was when I served and would like to get all the details right.

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

EJ I think I can clear that up. A4D would have been the earlier designation for the Skyhawk, before the Unified system was put in place between all the branches. A4D in this case would be the 4th attack aircraft built by Douglas, any models would have been A4d-1, -2 so on. After Unification it was simply the A-4 then model designation. A-4a, A-4B...My guess is they skipped A-4D to avoid confusion.

Latest Acquisitions

EJ I think I can clear that up. A4D would have been the earlier designation for the Skyhawk, before the Unified system was put in place between all the branches. A4D in this case would be the 4th attack aircraft built by Douglas, any models would have been A4d-1, -2 so on. After Unification it was simply the A-4 then model designation. A-4a, A-4B...My guess is they skipped A-4D to avoid confusion.

Sounds about right to me Bob. They changed up the designation I believe in 1962-63 which Threw alot of CORNfusion into the mix.

Latest Acquisitions

Sounds about right to me Bob. They changed up the designation I believe in 1962-63 which Threw alot of CORNfusion into the mix.

Thanks guys!

EJ

Latest Acquisitions

Nice haul James!
Question, the Pheon decals for the Albatross and D VIIs, are they OAW or are they just a bunch chosen?

Also the HAWA book looks interesting, what does it cover? I see it has a Hannover on the cover. :facepalm

Latest Acquisitions

1. Albatros D.II (OAW) 933/16, Vzfw Jakob Wolff, Metz-Frescaty, February 1917.

2. Albatros D.III 2033/16 Vzfw Julius Buckler, St.Quentin-le-Petit, April 1917.

3. Albatros D.III (OAW) 1694/17, Ltn Alfred Träger, St.Quentin-le-Petit, June 1917.

4. Albatros D.III serial u/k, Ltn. Gunther Schuster, St.Quentin-le-Petit, June 1917.

5. Albatros D.Va serial u/k, Hptm. Rudolph Freiherr von Esebeck, Douilly (?), March 1918.

6. Albatros D.V 4408/17, Vzfw Georg Strasser, Rethéuil Ferme, Winter 1917/18.

7. Albatros D.V Serial u/k, Oblt Hubertus Freiherr von Rudno-Rudzinski, Wasquehal, October 1917.

8. Albatros D.Va (OAW) serial u/k, Ltn Alfred Fleischer, Ercheu, June 1918.

9. Albatros D.V serial u/k, Ltn Alfred Träger, Wasquehal, September 1918.

10. Albatros D.Va, serial u/k, Ltn Alfred Träger, Rethéuil Ferme, January 1918.

11. Fokker D.VII (Alb), seial u/k, Ltn Alfred Fleischer, Vivaise, late July 1918.

12. Fokker D.VII (Alb), seial and pilot u/k, Vivaise, late July 1918.

13. Fokker D.VII (Alb), seial u/k, Ltn. Gunther Schuster, Vivaise, late July 1918.

14. Pfalz D.XII 1416/18 Pilot u/k, Vivaise September 1918.

The Hawa book is the newest Windsock Datafile and is all on the Hannover CL.II

James

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks James! Might have to get the HAWA book. Have the old datafile on the CL II and III (what number 23? I forget)

Too many nice kits not enough $ or time. :frantic

Back