• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Been thinking about grabbing up the MPC General Lee kit before someone decides to remove them all...went to the bowling alley down south a bit with the boy as they offer two free bowling games each day for kids...there's a Michaels down there and their model section isn't shabby....most Revell aircraft and all sorts of cars...saw one there for $20...used their Wifi to grab their app and used their 40% coupon to get the kit for $12...not too shabby ;)

Latest Acquisitions

From the raffle.
raffle1_zpsyrlai4rq.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Direct from the Czech Republic:
RealModelJuly.JPG

This is from "Out There Distribution", a UK outfit I bought from through Amazon:
BrassinAmazonMig23a.JPG

I also bought the Greek shark mouth scheme from this sheet from someone over at ARC:
h022adb1.jpg

So I won't be selling my PCM Spitfire Mk IX anymore!

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

After my P38 over Europe fiasco I'm scared of Brassin stuff.

That Spit with the shapely bottom, reminds me of the "Fun Girls"..."Hello Doll"

Latest Acquisitions

A very quick peak shows this is an awesome kit. Just needs a bit of detailing to bring it up a notch. Unfortunately I cant build a Canadian Mossie with it. But thats okay I will build a 627 Sqn bird with the 4000lb cookie. Cant wait to do it.
If you want to do a fighter / bomber you will either have to pop for the Tamiya kit or wait and see if HK comes out with one.
James

Latest Acquisitions

A very quick peak shows this is an awesome kit. Just needs a bit of detailing to bring it up a notch. Unfortunately I cant build a Canadian Mossie with it. But thats okay I will build a 627 Sqn bird with the 4000lb cookie. Cant wait to do it.
If you want to do a fighter / bomber you will either have to pop for the Tamiya kit or wait and see if HK comes out with one.
James

You could build the B.XX flown by No. 7 OTU from Debert, NS. It is a Canadian buil B.IV with Packard Merlin's.

Cheers,
Rich

Latest Acquisitions

h0a158ec.jpg

Les I took your advice. Once I get this mud out my system I may start on her.

Also got the Trumpeter brand brass pipe to try out, these are the ones that are thin enough to sleeve together. Could make some interesting gun barrels.

Latest Acquisitions

That Dragon 9024 Valentine kit has Made in Russia on the sprues and it looks very much like the very old Maquette Valentine I have as do tthe instructions. Does anyone know if indeed this is a rebox of a Maquette kit?

This kit was one, of a few, where Dragon used others' molds in their Imperial line.

Regards,

Ah but was it a reboxed Maquette kit?

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

Ah but was it a reboxed Maquette kit?

No Peter, it is the original release under VM that was drafted. The Maquette kit you refer to is a rebrand of the VM kit. The Bishop also kits under Dragon and Maquette have the same providence.

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

More stuff from the vendors. :yipee The Hobby Boss kit was going for only $36 at the Squadron vendor. I got real lucky on the Bronco Comet. A metal barrel,and PE came with the kit. :dance

vend19_zpss8zv7l4w.jpg

These Lebanese Sherman decals were free. They were a colaboration between Bison,and Military Modelcraft.

vend6_zpsx0gn7vu6.jpg
All Firefly tanks.

Latest Acquisitions

These Lebanese Sherman decals were free. They were a colaboration between Bison,and Military Modelcraft.

vend6_zpsx0gn7vu6.jpg

Those shown are all Polish Shermans from Armo of Jadar Group (Poland)...

These below are the Bison/MMI Lebanese Firefly collaboration:
MMIDecalsrev.jpg

MMIDecalInst1.jpg

MMIDecalInst2.jpg

MMIDecalInst3.jpg

MMIDecalInst4.jpg

MMIdeccover.jpg

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks for the correction Saul. I got in to much of a hurry when posting the pix. :bang head

I bought this pretty much at the last minute. No tracks. Only $5. I figure it will be good for testing new paints or washes.

notrax_zpsutpajngq.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks for the correction Saul. I got in to much of a hurry when posting the pix. :bang head

I bought this pretty much at the last minute. No tracks. Only $5. I figure it will be good for testing new paints or washes.

No loss there since the kit tracks on ALL Tamiya M3 light Tank variants as well as the Mr Medium Tanks Lee and Grant had lousy tracks wherein the track connectors didn't straddle the track links! I often wonder why Tamiya never corrected such a glaring error in the reissued kits.

At least the rest of the kit looks pretty good built up.

Cheers from Peter

Back