• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Luiz those are A very nice addition to your collection I can't wait to see the finished .... (y)

Latest Acquisitions

hac50c9e.jpg

h34461a4.jpg

hd8f2d5f.jpg

hb0dbd78.gif

And a bomb for the Zero
h324e656.jpg

h6de878e.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Kewl Ian ..... Nice one ..... When you gonna start it??? ..... :drool

I think you should start it now! :laugh: Anyone second the motion?
SECONDED

Thank you for your confidence gentlemen, but I'm really conscious about starting and not finishing projects recently. So the M&M Pontiac will get priority, then I'm going back to finish Rusty's Pontiac, then on to finish the MiG.

After that I need to think about a build for the 'Learning Curve' Campaign. I may have the 'Underbird as a 'side build' then but certainly not before.

AFN

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Well today I received some new kits

h08454f9.JPG

Guillow's P-40 War hawk

h84cde6b.JPG

Guillow's P-51 ... These are wood kits ... Been trying for new interest in these

3 AMT automobiles ...

h670590c.JPG

'65 Chevelle SS 396 Z-16

hc265df6.JPG

'39 Chevy Hot Rod Woody

h9ca7eb1.JPG

50 Oldsmobile Club Coupe

h77b9b68.JPG

1/350 Tumpeter U.S. Air Craft Carrier (no deck or tower ) Planes & Hull only

had33535.JPG

A New Bedford Whaler

h08d13ff.JPG

The Pinta

h1e712e5.JPG

U.S.S. Roosevelt .....

hfc49c3e.JPG

A 1/350 Tamaya JNF I-400 sub with three meatballs inside ...

Latest Acquisitions

I have never seen anyone finish one of those Guillows kits. It would really be interesting if they modernized and started doing some PE, PE Frames, PE sheet metal.

Latest Acquisitions

These are the up graded one's that are laser cut wood ... I've built a few in my youth .... These do have styrene pieces and vacuformed pieces in them .... :pilot

Latest Acquisitions

I have never seen anyone finish one of those Guillows kits. It would really be interesting if they modernized and started doing some PE, PE Frames, PE sheet metal.

The first kit I ever built was a Guillows F4F Wildcat. Dad bought it for me in 1945 when he came home from the war. I was only 4, so of course he actually did most of the building, but made me think I did. It was sooooo cool. I can still remember the smell of the paint that was called dope at the time.

Then we went on the back porch of the second floor of my grandmother's restaurant, set it on fire and watched it spiral down to the alley.

:yipee

Great fun!

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

My order came in at the LHS! :yipee

DSC03030_zpscx4gamwf.jpg

Love this drag car :love
DSC03032_zpsj4nkkfqn.jpg

he also got me this, thought I could use it :drinks
DSC03027_zpsrthuy0gv.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Back when they cost a quarter no doubt

I don't know, Dad bought it.

I do remember this. In the 1960s, I was really into aircraft modeling. I cannot remember buying a plastic airplane kit for more than a dollar, and I only built 1/48th and 1/32nd. Of course, back then a dollar was worth something.

I remember many kits costing $0.39. Today a tin of Humbrol paint cost's four bucks!

I remember in 1964 when the Monogram T Bucket Ford roadster in 1/8th scale was released, it was $7.98 and we thought that was insane! I recently saw one on E'Bay. They were asking $200.

Bob

Latest Acquisitions

Back when they cost a quarter no doubt

I don't know, Dad bought it.

I do remember this. In the 1960s, I was really into aircraft modeling. I cannot remember buying a plastic airplane kit for more than a dollar, and I only built 1/48th and 1/32nd. Of course, back then a dollar was worth something.

I remember many kits costing $0.39. Today a tin of Humbrol paint cost's four bucks!

I remember in 1964 when the Monogram T Bucket Ford roadster in 1/8th scale was released, it was $7.98 and we thought that was insane! I recently saw one on E'Bay. They were asking $200.

Image removed to sdave bandwidth
Bob

At the closest but not so local hobby store here the Tamiya Famo & Sd.ah.116 1/35 in 1/35 sells for $221.99 Canadian. I can only imagine what that and 1/32 scale a8ircraft will be going for in 20+ years.

Cheers from Peter

Latest Acquisitions

Yes it is Ian. He is a real nice guy. Dad and I would spend an hour or two talking to him after the Mile High Nationals every year until he retired. One great drag racer.

I'm hoping for the earlier Thunderbird, 7 11/Chief Auto parts sponsor will come back also.

Latest Acquisitions

Well today I received some new kits

h08454f9.JPG

Guillow's P-40 War hawk

h84cde6b.JPG

Guillow's P-51 ... These are wood kits ... Been trying for new interest in these

3 AMT automobiles ...

h670590c.JPG

'65 Chevelle SS 396 Z-16

hc265df6.JPG

'39 Chevy Hot Rod Woody

h9ca7eb1.JPG

50 Oldsmobile Club Coupe

h77b9b68.JPG

1/350 Tumpeter U.S. Air Craft Carrier (no deck or tower ) Planes & Hull only

had33535.JPG

A New Bedford Whaler

h08d13ff.JPG

The Pinta

h1e712e5.JPG

U.S.S. Roosevelt .....

hfc49c3e.JPG

A 1/350 Tamaya JNF I-400 sub with three meatballs inside ...

Bump

Back