• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Got some stuff in today although I don't know why I bothered. Tracks, smoke dischargers, and antennas for my Russian stuff. And some .04mm bolts (rivets) for my WWI a/c. These are insanely small.

DSC05467.JPG

DSC05468.JPG

DSC05469.JPG

DSC05470.JPG

DSC05471.JPG

And a completely unexpected surprise from the Netherlands. I am blown away.

DSC05472.JPG

I almost dont want to open the tin, but I cant wait to taste the cookies and see the cards. Many Many thanks :blush: :D
James

Latest Acquisitions

Might fine folks there in the Netherlands, I don't care what the French say. :rotf

James you're just stocking up for when the mojo comes back, or you open your hobby shop.

I got a box from Greenville Tx.

h2888d05.jpg

hc01506d.jpg

LOTS of parts! :soldier

Now do I do it Green or Yellow. :hmmm

Latest Acquisitions

Nice haul thar fellas!! :drinks I got a 1/72 Short Sunderland in the mail from Old Dog! Thanks!! Came in on the 28th but, couldn't post it until today (Thanks CalTel for cutting service & not moving up the due date to the 1st :bat :bat )

hd59f9a4.JPG

h73edd6f.JPG

h03211a4.JPG

h234ad6e.JPG

That is the Airfix 1/72 PBY-5A beside the Sunderland... Gonna be a fun build :drinks

Latest Acquisitions

Might fine folks there in the Netherlands, I don't care what the French say. :rotf

James you're just stocking up for when the mojo comes back, or you open your hobby shop.

I got a box from Greenville Tx.

h2888d05.jpg

hc01506d.jpg

LOTS of parts! :soldier

Paint the color of your pappy's.

James& Saul hauls also. :eek:ldguy

Now do I do it Green or Yellow. :hmmm

Latest Acquisitions

Here's my latest. I've been wanting these:

1/700 scale Soviet carrier Baku to go with my Kiev and Minsk:

HobbyBossBaku.jpg

Now all I need is the Novorossisk.

1/500 scale USS Enterprise:

NichimoEnterprise.jpg

Been wanting this for decades. Finally got it.

Watch for the Maddog Manufacturing Shipyards to start production again soon.

:blink :huh: :unsure: :idonno These aint 1/72!! :tomato :tomato

Latest Acquisitions

HobbyBossBaku.jpg

NichimoEnterprise.jpg

Your right Mark is gonna upsize again ???? ...... :ro: :dude

Latest Acquisitions

Great scores folks! (y)

I picked up the Plain Jane tractor version of that 'dozer over the weekend Bob while at the local hobby shop along with a pre owned Dragon JagdTiger that had some extra goodies for a very cheap price. No photos yet.

Latest Acquisitions

HobbyBossBaku.jpg

NichimoEnterprise.jpg

Yeah, they'd be a bit hard to build; much less find, in 1/72. Besides, most all my other ships are 1/450 or smaller so I want to keep it consistent.

Nice score on the 'Dozer. I'm still waiting for one in 1/72 scale plastic.

Ed, congrats on getting a Sunderland. I've been wanting one for a long time. Almost won the newer one in a raffle, which is probably the only way I'll get one at that cost! I'll be looking forward to seeing you build that one.

Congrats on all the scores the rest of you got too.

Latest Acquisitions

Yeah, they'd be a bit hard to build; much less find, in 1/72. Besides, most all my other ships are 1/450 or smaller so I want to keep it consistent.

Nice score on the 'Dozer. I'm still waiting for one in 1/72 scale plastic.

Ed, congrats on getting a Sunderland. I've been wanting one for a long time. Almost won the newer one in a raffle, which is probably the only way I'll get one at that cost! I'll be looking forward to seeing you build that one.

Congrats on all the scores the rest of you got too.

Thanks Mark. The Sunderland looks purty good. It needed decals but, think I got them covered... the Airfix PBY-5A had decals for a RAF version so that should work

Latest Acquisitions

Happy Birthday to me! haha. B-day was May 25th, and for the first time in a very long time, I managed to get quite a bit of cash for my b-day (was all I got actually) so I decided to use it to buy models. This is about half the money I got. Waiting to order a bunch more model stuff.

AMT/Ertl 1/48 ES-3A Shadow. Will be built as an S-3B Viking

20150603_170640.jpg

For the S-3B build, I also got a set of decals, VS-33 Screwbirds. Scheme is the "Commemorative Last Screwbird". Was painted up in this scheme for the squadron decommissioning ceremony.

20150603_170705.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 F/A-18E

20150603_163547.jpg

And for the F-18, Fightertown Decals VX-23 Salty Dawgs Test Hornets. Going to do the F-18 as Salty Dawg 400, with all of the testing symbols on it, along w/ several very colorful bombs.

20150603_163645.jpg

And last, but not least, 1/48 A-7D/E Corsair II. This will be built as an A-7E. I've got the Superscale Desert Storm A-7E sheet, and have wanted to build it up for several years.

20150603_163536.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

From our very own Sherman18 Thank you, Jeff, I promise it will be built and I will do it justice.

:good:

hc5107b7.JPG

Ian.

Back