• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Couldn't resist the IL2 either eh James? Was too good a price especially with the summer sale discount tacked on. :D (y)

You will like it Ed! Have 3 Badgers and the oldest is my first airbrush that I got when I was 14 or 15 (maybe 13). It is a single action with a screwed on bottle lid on the bottom. Never use it these days, but have some BIG kits that will need a lot of paint that it might get pressed back into service for.

Thanks. I've read a few reviews on it & am eager ta try it out so, hopefully very soon! Weather is starting to get warm here :beer

So, how's the detail in/on the Stormovick?

Latest Acquisitions

I received my kit for my next campaign ......

h29ba93f.JPG

h85f5978.JPG

h9ccdbc7.JPG

There are enough parts to build both dry-docked & water line versions ..... :yipee :eek:ldguy

SWEET!

Thanks Jeff ....... This is the biggest resin kit I've ever had ....... I'll have to check on photos of the boat ..... But MP claims He knows anything Imay want to know ...... Ex-Spurt .....He is ....... :eek:ldguy

Looks like some decent detail :skipper I got a 1/350 BB-55 in resin to do...

Get - R -done ......... :eek:ldguy ..... :captain

We have to wait for a start Date ..... My Friend .......... :eek:ldguy

Latest Acquisitions

I also received this stuff ...... :yipee

h520f43f.JPG

hf04c361.JPG

hc62b4a0.JPG

hd16fe19.JPG

h26cca2a.JPG

For the big Dio that I started ....... So long ago ...... :eek:ldguy

Latest Acquisitions

As I said your post had a virus in it and the Stormovick got auto bought with out any concious thought :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf
It will have to wait a bit. I am trying to work up the where withall to start building again as all projects got shelved or binned.
I have been staring at my AEG G.IV and have ordered some guns and turnbuckles for it. Am going to get some decals for it also but waiting to see if I can get a good deal.
James

Really like your WNW builds James. I do understand about being in a slump. Been there bit myself lately but have managed to kind of plug along on my Geek build. It is almost ready for paint. Have been taking photos and have some stuff ready to post but decided to wait until I am done to post anything. It seems that when I post up on a build I start loosing enthusiasm for it, so this one will be posted at the end. :D

Latest Acquisitions

Well y'all... what can Brown do fer you?? :idonno But, This is what was just delivered by Brown!!

h590cfb2.JPG

hd038dc5.JPG

h0961512.JPG

:geek :drinks ok, it got here about 1/2 hour ago... I just been fondling this since then (y) :drinks :drinks

Oooohhhh BAaabay....niiiiieeecccce :good: play nice with it and it'll do good freehand in 1/48 and in a pinch 1/72. Mine has MAC TOOLS engraved on it.

Latest Acquisitions

Well y'all... what can Brown do fer you?? :idonno But, This is what was just delivered by Brown!!

h590cfb2.JPG

hd038dc5.JPG

h0961512.JPG

:geek :drinks ok, it got here about 1/2 hour ago... I just been fondling this since then (y) :drinks :drinks

Oooohhhh BAaabay....niiiiieeecccce :good: play nice with it and it'll do good freehand in 1/48 and in a pinch 1/72. Mine has MAC TOOLS engraved on it.

Good to know! Thanks. I'll be test drivin' it probably this weekend :drinks

Latest Acquisitions

Back from the Capitol. Packages waiting plus some excellent deals at the National Air & Space Museum (NASM).

Excellent decals from a fairly new company. Extremely well researched and thought out.
AOADecals32004.JPG

Why do I like them? Look closely...
AOADecals32004c.JPG

The 72nd scale sheet was in the envelope as well.
AOADecals72003a.JPG

At the clearance rack of the NASM:
CWAirPictorial04.JPG

CWAirPictorial05.JPG

These are from FCModeltips... this is the guy with the blog where he posts downloadable diorama accessories to print. Well, he sells products too and sent me this sampling. I have to learn how to use them as I am left scratching my head!

This is for Dewertus (Hubert). After posting my review, I went to Dragon Models USA and they had it for less than $40USD! Since this one includes all the NATO mods, it was perfect for a Polish Fulcrum except it doesn't include decals. Luckily, I have a set printed by Techmod which came in the Kagero Topshots title on the MiG-29.
GWHS4801Hubert.JPG

Jeff offered me his decals and came through! He also tossed in a set from Idea's Tamiya M48A3 copy. These decals are not the best but are perfect to use to make masks. I now have the project to test out the Gyrocut! Thanks, Jeff!
JeffRidiesel.JPG

From an MSRP of $28USD to the price on the sticker, absolute steals at the NASM Clearance rack!
ZenithPress.JPG

Regards,

Latest Acquisitions

1:32 OV-10A/C, at the very top of my 'want' list right now. Saw those sheets reviewed on Modelling Madness a couple of weeks ago, they look superb.

Would really like to see the decals for this scheme:

hb801d0a.jpg

Built this about five or six years ago, one of my favourite & best 1:72 builds.

Ian.

Latest Acquisitions

Hey Saul, what are those FModeltips things? The Russian flag, German cross, and Omaha beach items?

Would you mind doing a Ricky Ricardo and 'splain? :D

BTW the new Revell Fw190 has a shark bomb on it too. ;)

Latest Acquisitions

Ok Here's the latest stuff I received ...........

hb2bb9d1_2015-05-29.JPG

h161b043.JPG

h1572177.JPG

h50a23f4.JPG

hcacf377.JPG

h65a6fb1.JPG

h8a30a15.JPG

h89d0392.JPG

h441ab1e.JPG

h03a5106.JPG

The Aircraft are 1/32's ..... the car kits are old ..... moldy oldies ..... and the Ship .... I had a Customer who wanted this one ...... now If I could just find His contact info ..... :eek:ldguy

Latest Acquisitions

Wil turn this one into a obsolete Zero Kamikaze plane with lots of chipping.

hfcd428e.jpg

h725eb64.jpg

h944c8c2.jpg

he8fc59e.jpg

h09779be.jpg

h4c81904.jpg

h39fb97d.jpg

he66fb47.jpg

hc9ff0cb.jpg

h3c22c7c.jpg

h71d3614.jpg

h62698e8.jpg

h2c9f309.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Here's my latest. I've been wanting these:

1/700 scale Soviet carrier Baku to go with my Kiev and Minsk:

HobbyBossBaku.jpg

Now all I need is the Novorossisk.

1/500 scale USS Enterprise:

NichimoEnterprise.jpg

Been wanting this for decades. Finally got it.

Watch for the Maddog Manufacturing Shipyards to start production again soon.

Latest Acquisitions

Received this via registered mail yesterday... don't have the kit yet though:
FCM48047a.JPG

It comes with a set of masks and I have no idea about the sheet to its left.
FCM48047b.JPG

Full schemes including stencils.
FCM48047c.JPG

Why did I get it sent to me?
FCM48047d.JPG

Regards,

Back