• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Large Custom Millennium Falcon (new pics )

Here is the next batch. . .

Falcon-Basic-264.jpg

Falcon-Basic-265.jpg

Falcon-Basic-266.jpg

Falcon-Basic-267.jpg

Falcon-Basic-268.jpg

Falcon-Basic-269.jpg

Falcon-Basic-270.jpg

Falcon-Basic-271.jpg

Falcon-Basic-272.jpg

Falcon-Basic-273.jpg

Falcon-Basic-274.jpg

Falcon-Basic-275.jpg

To be continued.

Here is the new upgraded screw sheet. I will also correct the one at the beginning of the posts as it is a "for reference" sheet.

1Falcon-Screws-c.jpg

And now the rest of the photos. . .

Here are the parts groupings and layouts. Finally getting the mandible parts and then there will be the side frames. (FINALLY) I have decided that most likely I will remove most of the plastic plates off the hull bottom, build up the framing when I get it all and take some photos and do some reinforcement design work on the frame. It will also allow me to figure out if some of my mod ideas are going to be feasible or not. Here is the rest of this posting now.

Falcon-Basic-276.jpg

Falcon-Basic-277.jpg

Falcon-Basic-278.jpg

Falcon-Basic-279.jpg

Falcon-Basic-280.jpg

Falcon-Basic-281.jpg

Thanks for looking in folks. Mostly obtaining the parts these days and brainstorming up a fart! :stinker

You laugh, but I kid you not, there could be farts in the Falcons future.. .Bright ones.

Night all!

:blink :blink

Don't be stinkin' up the place Paul. :stinker

How many more installments you got till you can start assembly?

:blink :blink

Don't be stinkin' up the place Paul. :stinker

How many more installments you got till you can start assembly?

Actually there is some stuff I could do now, but a bunch of things are on hold until I get enough of the side frames to assemble the top and bottom hull frames.

Actual assembly start time frame sometime in the next 6 months as there are 6 more shipments to go. That is 24 magazine Issues yet.

I have an interesting idea for the engine exhaust,(ie fart) but it is on hold waiting on parts like most everything else.

Ran across this the other day. Couldn't pass it up. It is an almost ideal back drop for the Falcon once I finish it. I don't know if this was the first for sale or it was just one that happened to be up, but it will work.

Falcon-EX-105.jpg

I agree about that plate as a backdrop. That would look fantastic with the model.
Thanks for updating your screw category sheet. I use my print out of that pretty often while building.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the gun turrets. That's a lot of extra motion to retro-fit and have it still look the same.

I agree about that plate as a backdrop. That would look fantastic with the model.
Thanks for updating your screw category sheet. I use my print out of that pretty often while building.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the gun turrets. That's a lot of extra motion to retro-fit and have it still look the same.

Thanks for the comment on the screw sheet Dan. I saw the need way back when. You can barely make out the differences in the screws from the DeAg photos and you picked up on that. Finally got far enough along that I have the last type, the little flat heads. Of course there are going to be some big screws that hold the engine cover assembly on. I am going to make a change there. Not sure what yet but it will get redone.

Which brings to mind what exatly I am trying to build. There are quite a number of folks out there that want an exact copy of the movie prop in all it's poorly assembled and weathered appearance. The movie prop was never intended for the kind of scrutiny that a model kit would receive. Once I make a break in some of my projects, I will make a concept drawing of how the gun mount "should" feasably work. In fact with the gun elevated, it kind of negates the need for the turret to rotate because the gun can. :hmmm Oh well that is all screwed up since the last movie.

Anyway, while a number of people just want a crappy copy of a crappy movie prop, :blink I want a really detailed model of the Iconic Millennium Falcon. Which means that rather than build the model ridgedly within the existing sets and props, I am going to do the changes needed to make it all fit, work, and make sense rather than follow along blindly with the Hollywood cobblepot koolaid. I am going to make the weathering and detailing with the current modern methods with the intent for folks to be able to actually look at it closely and go "WOW!" :woohoo: Of course most folks wouldn't know the difference if it crashed into them.

With that intent I picked up some micro motors this last weekend. :D

You and I have a very similar intent with the model. All of the parts I do are made with the intent of a realistic rendition of the ship.

Your experience and resources far outweigh mine, so I'm looking forward to seeing what thing you implement that I can attempt. I think I'm one delivery behind you as far as parts, so it's cool to see what I have on the way in my next box.

As far as the guns, I don't plan to make the turret rotate. It worked for the movie, but that decision was made from an esthetic view rather than technical. I'm going to have to treat that in the same way as the repair pits in the hold that should only be two feed deep.

Go ahead and do it Dan! This is really one of the best forums on the web and the guys are some of the best and most helpful you will find.

Click on "Things to Come" above and start your new thread.

It has been a while since I did anything on the Falcon. Mainly I have been waiting on parts to arrive to a point where I could start planning upgrades and changes. Having received shipment #23 (out of 25) I now have all the metal frame parts which is where I was needing to start with the revisions.

Playing catch up with all that and some ACTUAL CONSTRUCTION this weekend, I have a large load of photos to post so bear with me. Most of this is just the usual "Got these parts with this issue" But follow through (or skip it if you must) to the last photo and you will have a surprise of sorts.

As usual I will break all the pics up into small batches. Works better for page loading in the browser that way.

Happy New Year all and enjoy!
drinking-red-wine.gif

Falcon-Basic-282.jpg

Falcon-Basic-283.jpg

Falcon-Basic-284.jpg

Falcon-Basic-285.jpg

Falcon-Basic-286.jpg

Falcon-Basic-287.jpg

Falcon-Basic-288.jpg

To be continued...

Back