• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Large Custom Millennium Falcon (new pics )

Third times the charm? Nawwwww

Falcon-Basic-243.jpg

Falcon-Basic-244.jpg

Falcon-Basic-245.jpg

Falcon-Basic-246.jpg

Falcon-Basic-247.jpg

Falcon-Basic-248.jpg

Falcon-Basic-249.jpg

Falcon-Basic-250.jpg

Falcon-Basic-251.jpg

That is all for the basic stuff. Slowly getting the parts, unfortunately still don't have the parts I NEED yet.

As the last pic stated, EXtreme is coming up.

Here is the first new EXtreme edition posted in a while. It will be somewhat controversial to the absolute purists but nothing to scream about. Just some thoughts, ideas, and concepts put to drawings.

Here we go:

Falcon-EX-083.jpg

Falcon-EX-084.jpg

Falcon-EX-085.jpg

Falcon-EX-086.jpg

Falcon-EX-087.jpg

Falcon-EX-088.jpg

Falcon-EX-089.jpg

Falcon-EX-090.jpg

Falcon-EX-091.jpg

Falcon-EX-092.jpg

To be continued. . . (yeah you should have known)

Here is the conclusion to this whole giant post. Good thing is I think I have a bunch of stuff worked out. Bad thing is nothing is fully figured YET!

Falcon-EX-093.jpg

Falcon-EX-094.jpg

Falcon-EX-095.jpg

Falcon-EX-096.jpg

Falcon-EX-097.jpg

Falcon-EX-098.jpg

Falcon-EX-099.jpg

Falcon-EX-100.jpg

Falcon-EX-101.jpg

Falcon-EX-102.jpg

Falcon-EX-103.jpg

Falcon-EX-104.jpg

That's it for now folks. Please don't give me the "but, but it's not cannon!!" The cannon stuff doesn't fit so I am fixing it. Give me something worth some real discussion. Let's throw it around a little (hit it with a hammer, stamp on it and maybe set it on fire) But NO FLAME WARS this is screwed up STAR WARS set designers after all.

Very cool update. You mention blue tooth, is the control for lighting or what does it do? Could it be replaced with a customized Arduino board?
James

Paul I can tell you're having fun, great detail you're getting into. I know future builders will appreciate your efforts. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :popcorn

Very cool update. You mention blue tooth, is the control for lighting or what does it do? Could it be replaced with a customized Arduino board?
James

The bluetooth is a W. A. Guess. I figured maybe some reason it could be controlled by your phone. Otherwise why the antenna.

As for Arduino board, most likely I will replace all the control stuff with "something". Not sure yet what all or how, (still have to figure out how to build this sucker)

And yeah, I am having a fair amount of enjoyment on this Bob. Though the last week or so has been mainly sitting at the computer and doing drawings. Better than a lot of wasted plastic though.

ABOUT TIME! :D

Hey! I've been working on the Arizona! :facepalm Need to finish up some of the partial builds on it before jumping on this too much more.

Thanks for looking in everyone! Sorry for the LARGE pile of photos, but have been doing the build thingy and finally put together the posting thingy.

Just amazing Paul . Way more ambition than I have ever had.

I suspect you would have a good time with my California friend who builds models and sets for movies, ect...

Cheers, Christian B)

Paul this is looking outstanding and has been well worth the wait. If you like, I took a pic of a cutaway Millennium Falcon at Comicon that has a great layout of the whole interior; including parts of the ship not seen in the movies. I know you already plotted out the interior, but if you like I can post those to give you some additional ideas. If it would screw you up then I'll refrain.

Looking forward to the next update.

I love seeing your approach to the interior. I've been looking at the hold and corridors the same way. I figured I would end up needing to scratch build new corridors to get a closer approximation of the movie sets. I'm using the kit hold though, so I may have issues when it comes time to put the top hull on. I'll address that when I get those parts. As it is, I wouldn't be able to touch the hold until I had the whole thing.

Your turret examination is great. Personally, I never saw an issue with the gun stations becoming detached from the access tube when it rotates. While it would be inconvenient if it got stuck, it would work. The danger of someone being stuck and cut in half are minimized by the turret being operated by the gunner, who would be the only person having business using the tube. And it's not like Star Wars is concerned with safety anyway. We can count the times there were guard railings over endless pits on our fingers.

The thing that drives me nuts about the available plans and now the QMX interior model, is that there is no way to have storage holds in the front of the hold and have them actually useful. The general consensus is that the forward mandibles and the wide "beak" between them are for cargo access, but it would only be able to take cargo that was only about a foot and a half high to fit in the space. And the hold in the front would have about 3 feet of headroom at best. I suppose you could hire a few Jawas to do inventory.

Paul this is looking outstanding and has been well worth the wait. If you like, I took a pic of a cutaway Millennium Falcon at Comicon that has a great layout of the whole interior; including parts of the ship not seen in the movies. I know you already plotted out the interior, but if you like I can post those to give you some additional ideas. If it would screw you up then I'll refrain.

Won't mess anything up at all Mark. Much appreciate the offer! Go right on ahead and post your photos. While I might already have a good plan, it doesn't mean that I can't get a good idea or some tidbit from your photos. (y)

Brilliant analysis of the tunnel/turret linkage- cheers! I had a couple of days to detail out an "Old Republic" version a couple of years ago- I didn't have the need (or time!) to noodle out all the ins and outs.
chuk-wojtkiewicz-7ae932e3bf68f34a118ecff8851e4f19a9da1113.jpg

chuk-wojtkiewicz-139f6ab8f30c8bb6fc6262d8474234a687313ecf.jpg

chuk-wojtkiewicz-9b1dc4358797f1c20e7c6d11c1da542bb441bc65.jpg

WOW Chuck!! Thanks for the post and the artwork! Much appreciated! :woohoo:

If I was back up to snuff working with 3D program software I would do some basic shape and fit to show how and what all it takes to fit properly. Been thinking about investing in Lightwave. Worked with 3D Studio Max about 10 years ago and was fairly proficient with making 3D objects, shapes, starships and the lot. Then my computer hard disk died and so did the programs. I never reloaded them. (they were student versions that I had purchased) The only real problem I had was the artwork for textures. Too bad they don't want to run in Win 8.

Finally got notice today that Shipment 17 is on the way. Ordered it along with 18 back in July. Had 18 in a few days. Don't know what the deal was with 17. Once it arrives I will only be waiting on the last 7 shipments.

On a side note, I read on one of the Falcon threads that DeAgostini has been selling parts for somewhere around 40k Falcons worldwide. (yup 40,000) That isn't confirmed, but wouldn't be surprising either.

Won't mess anything up at all Mark. Much appreciate the offer! Go right on ahead and post your photos. While I might already have a good plan, it doesn't mean that I can't get a good idea or some tidbit from your photos. (y)

Sounds good and I apologize for the long delay in responding. I'll see if I can scare them up.

Here is another big update and I will do it in multiple posts as it is about 30 photos. Part of why this is such a big post is that shipment #17 got delayed several weeks and then I finally got it about a week before shipment 19 posted. I did a special order to get shipments 17 and 18 bumped up and get a little ahead. All it did was get things all crossed up so I will let the last 6 shipments come as they may.

Here we go!

Falcon-Basic-252.jpg

Falcon-Basic-253.jpg

Falcon-Basic-254.jpg

Falcon-Basic-255.jpg

Falcon-Basic-256.jpg

Falcon-Basic-257.jpg

Falcon-Basic-258.jpg

Falcon-Basic-259.jpg

Falcon-Basic-260.jpg

Falcon-Basic-261.jpg

Falcon-Basic-262.jpg