• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Boeing 747-400

:coolio Definitely a lot of work going on here but it is moving forward. :hmmm

Sort of like MP's B-1 . Just have to want one pretty badly . :idonno Good of you to stick with the project.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys. Its definitely been a long road getting this far, and I know there's a ton more to do.

I started working on the landing gear yesterday, and thats going to be a whole project in of itself. The mold lines on all the parts are just horrid. I'm almost tempted to work on scratch building the landing gear & wheels, just so that I dont have to spend the time cleaning all the mold seams off, but I dont know if I want to do that. I may see if one of the aftermarket companies have while metal or brass landing gear for this kit and go from there.

You know, the AM parts would be better but they have to be cleaned also .

Most of this is hidden by gear doors when everything is together. :bang head

Yea, I've thought about that too. The landing gear legs dont seem to be too bad, when compared to just how bad the wheels are. I've thought about fabbing up my own, but I just dont know that I want to attempt that, considering how much weight they have to support. Thats one reason why I'd kinda like some brass or white metal legs, just to support the weight.

That would be good. Don't know if they are available.....lots of them though
:sick: Oh, you build armor though. Might not be so bad then.... :rotf

Back