• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter/fighter 3/12/ Update

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter/fighter 3/8/ Update

Thanks Mike & Nsmekanik ... I may have nailed it or ... I think I'm close I'm ready to button this thing up ....

hd5f8c45.JPG

h6448d81.JPG

h81b0b55.JPG

This is going to be it I think ... kinda trial & error ... But I'm gonna fly with it ... :pilot

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter/fighter 3/8/ Update

WOW I guess that's close ... must remember the color I see isn't the same after digitization ... :rotf

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter/fighter 3/10/ Update

Looks about the same as my tin of WEM aotake. :good: Keep going!

Thanks Adam Means a lot coming from a builder of your quality ... I started on the wings & engines this morning ... But I must run to work ... (y) :salute :good:

Ok I haven't Done a lot as this thing is being a little beast ... I've put the flaps together ... and installed them in the wing ...

h163f69b.JPG

h5404d76.JPG

Now these Motor covers & gear struts plus gear door are a PITA ...

h6edb0c2.JPG

he0f94b1.JPG

h8a643f1.JPG

I spent about two hours on this it seems ... So then I turned my attention to the power plants

h5a62e48.JPG

This thing is a *^$$ Nothing lines up Argue !!! but then that's why We model ... I know I can make it fit ... :fencing :bat :facepalm

These old LS kits are fun! All my seats in the Ki-67 I did looked like toilets too! Still, not every model has operating fowler style flaps! Keep going Gerry! I know you can do it!! :good:

Thanks for the encouragement fellers ... she may be a putty queen before I'm done. but I have plenty ... :rotf ... just hope I don't have to do a different model for the ribbon, been trying, lots of stuff ... :soldier

The bunker is getting some space, might get my tool holders made, there all over the bench ... I bought a thing to hold all my paint ... :good:

The Rat under the House is behaving ( I used Flash-bangs on Him the other night ) ... Found some old Black cats, in a box ... He was quite for a Day and a night ... :dance

The truck is running sort of ... still getting some mis-fire codes & EGR valve stuff but heck 20 years old next year ... I think I'll keep Her ... never had a classic Truck ... (y)

The House I'll get the siding replaced ... if it ever stops raining Here ... at least I'm on High Ground ... I know there is lots of flooding so I'm very Thankful ...

Cheers fellers !!!

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter/fighter 3/15/ Update

Ok now for the Ides Of March update ... I did a test fit on the motor/gear assy ... looks like some putty will be needed ...

ha8d477e.JPG

I managed to get the other wing put together ...

h09c1150.JPG

Now I worked on the pilot guys ... one has gone AWOL ... but may I ask what color should the Uniforms be painted ... they are small and although I scraped the crap out of them still the camera shows more is needed ... also the big hole in one has been filled ... the other bump will be fixed ... I haven't been able to find any photos of the inside ... so the seats how about a wood brown color ???

h4c66038.JPG

Cheers thanks for looking in ... :salute :pilot

Back