• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter/fighter 3/12/ Update

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter 1/72 ARII

This was based off the Ki-67 ... (look Familiar?)

The Japanese had big plans for this airframe ... their was also a radar & searchlight version ...

Thanks fellers for tagging along ... I plan to get more done tonight after I get My Honey do list complete ...

The Peggy sure had some graceful lines . They sure made ugly in the transformation :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I have Peggy in the stash also ... and your right this is a offshoot of the LS models Ki-109 ... :drinks :pilot (y)

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter 1/72 Update

All righty then ... I've been working on the flight deck ... interior needs final paint

I added the seats ... and the gap in deck pieces just had to go ... though it won't show ... I know it's there ... :skipper

h21b0c69.JPG

hbfb3992.JPG

Puttied the deck surfaces & sanded same ... :good:

h2b54ff8.JPG

hf038b4b.JPG

Primed the fuse ... Funny always looks good before priming ... I think I'll lick the calf again ...

h25c2de5.JPG

ha6dc125.JPG

Cheers Gerry ... C & C welcome ... :pilot

Ki-109 Mitsubishi Intercepter/fighter 3/5/16

well I looked at the photos yesterday morning, saw the huge crack in the corner ...

h25c2de5_2016-03-05.JPG

By the gunners seat ... also a pin mark on the radio man's equipment ... so I fixed that ...

hf39a66d.JPG

Now then I'm trying to match the right interior color ... once I mixed a XF-13

he09ceec.JPG

With a Vallejo pale yellow (I think) to get this color

h02b34ee.JPG

Which I think is the right color ... the destructions call out a Gunze H 63 ... this color

h5ab496b.jpg

There also is a 57 next to the H-63 which is Metallic blue-green ... so i'll see if I can mix it again ... or wait on a paint order ...

You could just use the clear blue or green over silver .

The Japanese interiors were not all the same . I have seen some pictures were it looked like the blue lay out die .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian ... I may have IJN green at the House ... but Squadron is always out of the paint I want ... :(

Built this one years ago so watching with interest! :popcorn

Thanks Christian ... I may have IJN green at the House ... but Squadron is always out of the paint I want ... :(

checked sprue brothers?

Thanks Bruce ... Well I'm sure I can come up with something ... But Sprue Brothers isn't a option when funds are low & shipping would be higher than it would be to get a little pot of paint. I had Squadron order already coming on some back order stuff ... so I had them throw in some Baltic blue.

h131b36c.JPG

I found this color in the Citadel rack ... I think over silver it will look good ... :drinks

I have done a little more to this bird ... I painted the inside of the fuse silver ... in the places it shows ... from outside of the Fuse , also did a test on the color for the interior looks Ok, but Ithink I'll mix some lead blecher with the blue green an d go with that ... I'd do the picture thing but I left my camera cord at home again ... I'll try x-fering them to my cell phone and then to the computer ... if that doesn't work I'll just post them this evening ... Sorry about that ... dern ... dern ... dern ... I hate technology ... :idonno :bat :hmmm

Ok I'm at home and there are photos to post ... before I get a this thread is worthless thingy ...

I painted all the interior that shows with Mr. Gunze Silver ....

h43e47f9.JPG

hac49796.JPG

h4e6a31d.JPG

h277c2c0.JPG

h2adf121.JPG

Then I tried some inspection with the fuse closed ...

Well there is a pin mark & a #27 that has to go ...

h0cfe08d.JPG

Oh and I forgot about the rear gunners Quarters ...

hc84cd6e.JPG

This is the citadel paint applied to the silver ... I think it's too blue I'll add some little yellow ... and some metallic silver ... and it should look good ...

h2dfc1a0.JPG

Cheers Gerry C & C Welcome ...

The clear blue Tamiya is more controllable if you airbrush it .

50/50 blue & green over silver

Cheers, Christian B)

The clear blue Tamiya is more controllable if you airbrush it .

50/50 blue & green over silver

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian ... I've been trying to get My Squadron order Here For about A week now ... They redid the website and My order is having trouble going through ... I'll experiment with what I have added to the Tamiya clear green on hand ... :pilot :salute

Back