• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kampfpanzer M48A2GA2-Revell/Dragon Kit Bash-1/35th

Work proceeds slowly on the fenders. They are more intricate and detailed then I first thought but have been fun to figure out and build up. Next up will the stowage boxes and a ton to bolt detail.

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

Thanks For Stopping In Gents!
:victory:

So after a few weeks on holiday and a model show thrown in for good measure, I was able to get back to the bench. Made excellent progress and finished detailing out the hull. I'm more then ready to move on to the turret. Leave some comments on what your thoughts are or if I missed anything...help is always welcome.

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

I think you left off the arrestor wires and the surface search radars. :smack::bat
Belay my last. It looks purty good. :Drinks:

After much feet dragging and apprehension, work began on the turret with the attaching of the gun shield and gun tube. But in the end I was able to pull it off and then texture the turret in preparation for further detailing. Now it's starting to look like a tank!!

First up I added that platform for the figures...cause there has to be figures...right...that figures
028.jpg

Then removing the pouring blocks from the resin. Did that outdoors with a mask...that was fun...sort of
027.jpg

029.jpg

Then Attaching the parts with a combo of epoxy putty and glue...and a lot of praying
030.jpg

Then adding the texture...I really got to find a new way of doing...man what a headache afterwards
031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

Starting to look like a Tank!!! :ro:
034.jpg

035.jpg

Thanks For Stopping By!
:Drinks:

hmm this is to get some texture, right, how about acrylic water, this stuff is quite thick, you can form waves, so you should be able to produce some texture with it

ahh, it looks great

Back