• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kampfpanzer M48A2GA2-Revell/Dragon Kit Bash-1/35th

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
I've been wanting to build this version of the M48 for several years...so now is as good a time as any! As the title states I'll be kit bashing the Revell GA2 with the Dragon Magach 1/2 kit to get a better detailed end result.

Anywho here is the start up pic.
000BuildLog3T.jpg

:victory:

Here's the first update after a couple of days work on this. Got the lower hull textured using automotive bondo thinned with testors liquid glue. I then sanded it down added foundry markings then sealed it with a coat of future. After that started adding the suspension elements. So far I think its coming out ok.

003GA2RedX.jpg

004GA2RedX.jpg

005GA2RedX.jpg

006GA2RedX.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and comments are always welcome.

Made some great progress over the past week. Got suspension and tracks installed, in record time I might add. No real major problems other then ejector pin marks on each track link. I ended up punching out about 200ish discs to fill them, but it didn't take as long as I thought it would. Once that was done the tracks went together quite easily. Up dated the drive sprocket with one from DEF models, a little tricky but doable. The only other down side was I wanted to build up the tracks so that I could remove them for painting. However the way the kit suspension goes together didn't allow for that so I just attached them...oh well. All and all I happy with the results. Next up assembling and detailing the rear end.

008.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

Thanks for stopping in and see ya'll next week!

Back