• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Thanks, er'body! I will doggedly keep beating this thing into a single piece, I swear! ;)

Fitting the bombsight window will be a bear, but I have an idea or two in the works.. Sunday is the big ValleyCon In Pasadena, so there will likely be no update this week. Fair warnin'!

Always a pleasure seeing your work. You must have incredible patience.

I'm not sure they make the pill big enough to give me stamina equal to yours. Well done, indeed.

Chuck,

You need to contact Kalmbach, or some good publisher.... your articles and artwork need to be seen by alot more people. Period !!!

Take care, Wes

Thanks, fellas- you're too knid!

In the midst of the vortex of life I've gotten in a little modeling- Fritzi will be be your guide.

388_237.jpg

388_238.jpg

388_239.jpg

388_240.jpg

388_241.jpg

388_242.jpg

388_243.jpg

388_244.jpg

388_245.jpg

388_246.jpg

388_247.jpg

:notworthy
Amazing work Chuck - I don't know what else to say, it just keeps coming.
Your a modeler and a half Mate. :drinks
Ian.

:notworthy Outstanding work Chuck! (on both the plane and Fritzi)
Always enjoy seeing your updates (y)
//Mats

Just when you think he is at his peak...he goes and ups his game :) more importantly, thanks for showing us how its done ;)

Brilliant as always Chuck. An interesting forming method to add to my arsenal (y)

:popcorn Keep it coming.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you, thanks you! I'm here all week- try the veal!

Seriously, folks- you have my thanks. I'm getting there bit by bit- and I appreciate your patience! I also have a question- has anyone else seen prop hubs like these? The kit is lacking- so I'll have to add them, whatever those protrusions are.

Ju388-4010-24af+s.jpg

Cheers!
chuk

I sure don't Chuck but I did find something that appears different yet plus some interior views.

http://www.ju388.de/Ju388US.html

Cheers, Christian B)

has anyone else seen prop hubs like these? The kit is lacking- so I'll have to add them, whatever those protrusions are.

Ju388-4010-24af+s.jpg

They seem like regular (although chunky) VDM designed variable pitch propellers.

Ju-388K.jpg

Here they are without spinners so you can see their shape and bulk.

Regards,

ngbbs47f01417ddc65.jpg

Are they split? I'll have to check the drawings. The kit has the horns and balances, btw- but I'll have to modify 'em to fit, 'natch.

Chukw,
Those things on the prop hubs are external bolt-on pitch weights, some late production Fw 190A's also used these type of pitch weights.

Matrixone

Okay- cool! There's got to be good pics somewhere- thanks, Les!

Oh, Saul- gonna have to cut 'em up good! ;D Shouldn't be all that hard (famous last words).

Back