• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Thanks for that Chuck, rescribing has been the hang up I've had on mine. Just out of curiosity what tool did you use on the circular and oblong shapes that you used the template on. I have not had much luck with my usual scribers when used on resin.

Thanks, my friends- losing Dyna was very hard, but we're moving past it. Maybe a new puppy soon! Laura, bulldogs of any kind are such wonderful little souls- I must have another!

Old Dog, I used a simple needle-like tip from the Mission Models scriber set. The saw was the perfect tool for straight line- it doesn't catch in any pin-bubbles like a needle will. For the templates, the needle works really well in resin- better than in styrene, in my opinion.

I'm still sick at home, so I'm putting the time to good use and you;re all getting yet another update- here we go!

388_118.jpg

388_119.jpg

388_120.jpg

388_121.jpg

388_122.jpg

388_123.jpg

388_124.jpg

388_125.jpg

:blink

and i double dog dared you! i realize that i was kinda outta me mind when i uttered the double dog dare!

that's some uberphantastic scratching! a wonderful work and a piece of art!

Hi Chuck,

I have just discovered your post and went through the 16 pages with a big "WOW !!!!!" at every update !

I cannot describe what I feel reading your thread. I have never seen such a fantastic forum topic. The kit in itself is a challenge you tackle & master very well !

Really instructive log here.

The outstanding part of it all being the illustrated ladies ! So sweet !

Never ever seen anything like that before :notworthy ! Will follow your build closely !

Big kudos for you !

Keep it up, Master Chuck !

Regards,

Richard

That'll be 25 cents (holds out tin can with slot in top)! :silly:

My thanks to all! Modeling has been great therapy while fighting off germs and the blues. I may never make a Campaign deadline, but I will finish my projects!

Laura, I was just looking over my Dragon night-fighter... :pp

Cheers!
chuk

Fantastic!! (y)
This is such a complex model even out of the box and with this level of detail added this is outstanding, its not important to be completed by the end of the campaign because this will be a unique bild! :ro:

All the best!!!
Dusan.

Thanks, my friends! This weekend my wife and I will start a new project:
184042_260082727338284_100000096772534_1139760_4009941_n.jpg

I suspect she'll be keeping us fairly busy, don't you think? :laugh:

Congratulations Chuck!!! :)

But,please don't let your 'new project' chew on your other projects! :woohoo: :laugh:

:mpup

Greetings,Ron.

Back