• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

Saul- I have a nice little Me509, a gift from a friend, that I will do a nice, relaxed build of. ;D

somehow........ I don't believe you Chuk!!!!! :yipee

as always totally awesome skills!!.

Wow!!! What a journey!!! :eek:hmy: I’ve been reading this Thread from post # 1, on and off, since yesterday morning and… and… well, it’s absolutely fantastic! All adjectives have been used by the MA gang, so there’s simply not a single one left for me… :(

As others have said, I too feel that we should be paying for this: I’ve learned so much about modeling and scratch building in these 43 pages that it just boggles my mind. And the way you do it (the right word is teach) is just superb: excellent skills, awesome quality pics (would you by any chance have three hands?!?), interesting tools, machines and equipment, very good English and, last but not least, the very entertaining, funny and, why not, sexy “Model Squad” – you’re a very fine artist, my man! :notworthy

Thank you for all that, Chukw, and for your generosity in sharing all this with us, mere mortals! ;) Can’t wait for the next installment… :woohoo:

Cheers and be well! B)
Fernao

My condolences in your seat placement!! I had to do that same thing last year, but thankfully it was only for about 90 minutes on a flight from Indianapolis to Charlotte.

Thanks, gang! This forum is just plain awesome!

If Hannah looks a bit more rendered, it's because I was stuck in the very back seat of a 757 en route from Virginia Beach to LA, right next to the bathroom. Worst seat in the house- I had to do something to keep occupied! I spent a lot more time on the piccy than I usually do- and by chance, she fit right in the photo!

Saul- I have a nice little Me509, a gift from a friend, that I will do a nice, relaxed build of. ;D

Thanks, Allies!

Here's a brief report on recent progress- camo comes next!

388_282.jpg

388_283.jpg

388_284.jpg

388_285.jpg

388_286.jpg

388_287.jpg

388_288.jpg

388_289.jpg

388_290.jpg

388_291.jpg

Well done Chuk, I hope the frame doesn't block out to much of you excellent cockpit detail .

Finally , another Chuck fix ! Thanks Chuck. That canopy looks like a million bucks before the mask.

By the way, fun and masking are not two words I'm used to hearing at the same time :laugh:

:popcorn :popcorn Waiting for more. Cheers, Christian B)

You guys are swell! :ro:

Next I'll mask off the whole canopy- the rubber framing was not painted. Then I think I'll start with the underside camo and work my way up- no or very little masking needed there!

Cheers!
chuk

Nice work Chuk (y)

I did my canopy frame edges on the TA154 and Meteor builds with this product.

http://www.modelingmadness.com/scott/decals/pma/pmap003.htm

It is thinner than Tamiya's yellow tape, and very good to work with, comes in 1 - 5mm thicknesses, much easier than cutting Tamiya (or whatever brand) tape into strips.

It does ease that aggravation of canopy masking a little! :D

For the fill in the usual Tamiya standard yellow tape.

Nice job on the masking!

It will be great to see some color on this model, will it get the RLM 82 and RLM 83 scheme or will this one be a what-if? (y)

Matrixone

Don't think that I haven't commented because I'm not watching, I have just run out of words. (y)

Back