• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Schnellboote Type S-100

Shame not all the crew members are wearing lifejackets .
1kg.gif

Thanks Piet, Eric and James.

Piet,
I know what you mean, do I sacrifice the detail of a resin figure without a life jacket for a plastic figure from the Italeri crew.
The detail is not as good with the plastic figure and may still go down the track of adding them.
I don't want to be detailing life jackets on figures, really I don't ...Lol 😁

Michael

You could make a mold from the straight standing loading figure (with life jacket ) and make some resin copies and use his torso , and fix the other arms/lower parts to them with some minor easy putty remodeling.

Thanks Piet,

I don't have any materials on hand for casting but will more than likely move back to plastic figures to balance the gun crew out.

Michael

Not a drop of rubber and resin in/on your nice looking work space :smack:
Anyway the Italeri S-boat crew aren't so bad ,they need new heads and shorter arms..... besides these shortcomings there fine there all wearing thick KM leather uniforms and lifejackets so not to much fine detail to be seen.
NhW1HVW.gif

Thanks Piet and Ian.

Piet, I thought that was me thinking the arms are too long. :eek: :bash:
I'm looking at using the dudes with the life jackets on the Flak 42 1 behind the shield and the other holding the 37mm rounds.

Still working on it , may have to have a few beers 🍻and think this one over.:hmm:

Michael

Hello Again,

Small steps with the build, the torpedo's are now done ready to go on the boat.
Switching between the projects is a good way of change and not losing the incentive on the build.
Base coated in Vellajo Black primer with a combination of colours used with Humbrol, Vellajo and Gunze Mr Hobby colours.
Schnellboot torpedoes.jpg

Schnellboot colours.jpg

Michael

Back