• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Schnellboote Type S-100

Hello everyone,

Not a lot has been done over the last 3 months or so. With a kitchen/ house reno just being completed before the Covid-19 shutdown took affect.
I was imprisoned in the Man cave for the last 3 months while the Reno work was being done.Part of the house furniture ended up being stored in the bunker till the work was completed and it was a little cramped.🙁
man cave explosion1.jpg

man cave explosion2.jpg

Kitchen before reno work. I know it's bright colours . happy wife happy life lol😁
before reno1.jpg

Whilst the reno work was being done I managed to partly start and build a number of projects since 6th Jan. Being that with the size of the Schnellboot is so hard to handle with it's sheer size it was sidelined. Here are the some images of a future Russian dio. Being in Covid shutdown there may be a lot things cleared.
Some of the troopies partly done ready for head conversions. Car in sub sections ready for paint.

dio figures work in progress1.jpg

Artwork on the guys and car of what was used

axis troops and car for dio1.jpg

Riich mobile aa for dio1.jpg

Figures and sub sections in the container out of the dust and ready for painting.

dio figures and accesories1.jpg

Building the open top V170 Cabrio Salloon. Love these cars by Miniart. Ready for paint in sub sections. All to do with Ease of painting and detailing and weathering.

v170 build progress.jpg

Now comes the armour.
Have the Tamiya Panzer 38T Built in Sub sections ready to go. Again in this method due to ease of painting,detailing.

tamiya 38t for dio.jpg

Then the T34 with full interior
t34 for dio april 20.jpg

Michael

Still have the Hobbyboss Panzer 38T's and Tamiya tank crew to build and fill up the dio.
hobbyboss panzer 38t for dio1.jpg

german tank crew for dio1.jpg

Oh and the final result on the kitchen reno was here
kitchen reno1.jpg

kitchen reno2.jpg

And its back to working on the Schnellboot Wheelhouse.

schnellboot s100 progress.jpg

schnellboot s100 part build april 20 1.jpg

schellboot s100 april 20_2.jpg

Michael

Hello Again,

Here is the next installment of work.
The twin 20mm is done now in sub sections ready for painting. I have used the Azimut Schnellboot crew with Alpine and Hornet head conversions.

Schnellboot Flakzilling 2.jpg
Schnellboot Flakzilling 3.jpg
Schnellboot Flakzilling gun crew.jpg
Scnnellboot Flakzilling 1.jpg
The guy with the hornet head will have his arm modified to fit on the crank wheel.

At the moment I will leave this and move onto working on the 37mm gun and making the Azimut gun crew fit to where they are meant to go.

More to follow shortly,

Michael

Really nice, I was trying to figure out why they mounted the guns like that, think I got it figured, the ejection port on the port gun would interfere with the site.

Sweet work! 🤘

Mike that is a very nice looking gun, and the figures will look just as good! It always pays to get the underlying shapes all clean before paint, the physical detail being right just makes it easier to paint.

Looks_Good_GIF.gif

German gun mounts were all kinds of weird that is for sure. The Sdkfz 222 had a 20mm with a machine gun next to it on another crazy mount. It seems they did a lot of that.

Hello again,

Back again with the next installment.

The Flak 42 gun crew are now test fitted in place.

The items are in sub assembly sections ready for paint.

The Azimut figures have 3 heads converted with Hornet and Alpine head conversions.
Not sure why Azimut gave the gun crew all the weird hands.
They all got the chop except for the dude holding the 37mm clip.
The top hand had to be re-positioned to be holding the shells on his shoulder.

Will replace the hands from Hornet and Royal models.

The arms will have to be filled in with Tamiya putty mixed with Revell Contacta professional glue applied with a 0 or 00 fine brush.

Still one more minor thing to do is to glue the Helmet holders to the inside of the gun shield. Will finish off tonight as it concludes the rear of the gun assemblies.

Moving to the forward to the bow 20mm is where all the work will be.

The gun mount will be converted to the way I percieve how it should look.

The tub ring will have the rivets applied to the outside and major mods for the inside to be addressed.
Here we are with preview images of the Flak 42.
FU8W1Ao.jpg

MVGvN78.jpg

PSDCs70.jpg

fCpfRuI.jpg

f31imbz.jpg

EYDezWF.jpg

Happy modelling people.

Michael 🍻 :D

Thank you again.

Having the crew in action brings the deck alive and creates interest for the viewer to look further into the detail. (y)

Michael

Back