• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iron Mike's 15cm s.IG.33

Well Mike you did do a nice job with the tranny and all and they did leave the cover off when traveling during warm weather. Like you said it's your nickle :D

Tony lee :)

Thanks, guys! I made some more progress tonight, ready for primer tomorrow. Too tired to take pictures, just have to pull it all apart in the AM anyway. :laugh: (y)

Got the final bits and pieces assembled, ready for primer.

IMG_4170.JPG

IMG_4172.JPG

IMG_4171.JPG

The wicker cases are just mocked up and it looks like there's half a cat on the rear deck, going to have to wipe everything down before paint!!
I still haven't started the wheels and running gear, focusing on getting the upper hull painted. I'm planning to try a new (to me) technique on the lower hull. :eek:hmy:

MIKE,

ROCK-ON !! Lookin' Great !!! Good Stuff !! :drinks

:mpup - James is Dead on . They were ammo canisters.

http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/categories.htm - Check out this site. It's in French but is AWESOME for Ammo cases of any type !!

Thanks Chris! Lots of little pieces on the armored outhouse on tracks!

Hey Bob, those are the holsters for the Tater Guns! :D

James, guess you couldn't get too far ahead of the supply chain with only 5 rounds, huh?

Thanks for the info, Erik, I'll check it out.

I did manage to get the primer on all the assemblies and ready to paint.

Ahhh but Mike, the beauty of the German Army system it they integrated the supply train into the unit. Everyone else had a separate supply system. So ammo should be relatively easy to get. I stress relatively.
James

Truly an interesting piece of equipment :popcorn
Indeed, different stuff, eh? At first I didn't undersatnd what a gun mounted on wheels had to do with the tank, but after some explanation and a bit of research on the net, I got the picture. ;)

Great job, Mike: I'm sure the paint will come on nicely - I've seen other jobs of your's! (y)

Cheers and good luck! B)
Fernao

Looking very good!! (y) and about the cathair, isn't it just wonderful with pets and modeling :laugh: :mpup when i start up the spraybooth here it sucks up all the cathair in the room i think!!

Been away from this one WAY too long! A couple weeks ago before the temperature went to 90+, I painted the base colors fro the gun and the vehicle, using two different mixes so they wouldn't look too much the same. I used Tamiya German Grey and Light Grey for the base, then lightened the mix with some Deck Tan to highlight some of the panels.

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4452.JPG

The interior of the fighting compartment is a mix of Hull Red and Red Brown.

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

I didn't post any pictures previously, it just wasn't that interesting, but felt posting might get me jump started to move to the washes and weathering. :idonno I purchased a weathering set for early panzers from AK Interactive, so we'll see how it goes from here. :laugh:

Been away from this one WAY too long! A couple weeks ago before the temperature went to 90+, I painted the base colors fro the gun and the vehicle, using two different mixes so they wouldn't look too much the same. I used Tamiya German Grey and Light Grey for the base, then lightened the mix with some Deck Tan to highlight some of the panels.

IMG_4451.JPG

IMG_4452.JPG

The interior of the fighting compartment is a mix of Hull Red and Red Brown.

IMG_4454.JPG

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4456.JPG

I didn't post any pictures previously, it just wasn't that interesting, but felt posting might get me jump started to move to the washes and weathering. :idonno I purchased a weathering set for early panzers from AK Interactive, so we'll see how it goes from here. :laugh:

Me likey!

Back