• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iron Mike's 15cm s.IG.33

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
After digging through my stash, I found this little gem. I think it fits the criteria.

IMG_3954.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3951.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

Although an improvisation, it's an interesting subject that I've wanted to build for a long time. I plan to go as much OOB as possible, since the time frame is only six months.

Looks good Mike and nice work with the Official Modeler's Alliance Website Clock. Just as a side note folks, that time display is generated from our server, not your computer.

Good to know you have decided yourself on what to build :dude : I'm betting this piece of armour will be a cool one when finished! Think you made a wise choice - will follow closely. (y)

Cheers and "boa sorte" - good luck in Portuguese. B)
Fernao

Thanks guys!! I'm taking a couple days off between my regular days off, so planning to model some to catch up. I'm planning to hold this one to OOB (yeah, right!) and going Panzer Grey, ought to be fun!!

Here's what a day at the bench yields.

IMG_3978.JPG

There's a ton of discrepancies and reversed part numbers in the instructions, you'd better have good reference pictures and reviews from those who have boldly gone before you!!

IMG_3977.JPG

Dragon's barrel has spiral rifling in it, you can kind of see it in this shot.

IMG_3979.JPG

Despite the instruction errors, the kit fits quite well!

IMG_3980.JPG

Oops, forgot the retaining nuts for the wheels! :blush: Planning to hit it again tomorrow, questions, comments, suggestions, kind heckling always welcome!! (y)

Looks good from here!

Hey you coming down to KC this weekend?

Terry B)

I thought it was a pretty good kit myself. The carriage bed assembly was a little bit of a tongue biter.:D

Tony lee:)

Yes it was, Tony! I was on the phone when I hit that stage, signed off so I'd have full attention to it! :laugh: The fit and finish of the parts are typical Dragon, very nice! But the instructions blow! I make it through, just being cautious.

Way to go man. you are moving pretty good, and it looks good too. At that rate you get her done in no-time.

Joe

Back