• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I Found a discarded Knob......................

Rhino

Super Moderator
Modeling ideas are everywhere!! :yipee
I'd passed a very distinctive Water Tower, March 2015. I thought it so much fun, I stopped and took a picture of it, on my way from Shelby, NC. to Blue Ridge, GA. in the VERY early morning hours. I think it was Zero Dark-thirty!
Gaffney_Peachoid_1.jpg

I have wanted to make a model of it ever since.
I found an old knob from a chiropractic table lying in our parking lot yesterday. Low, and behold, it was a 30mm Knob! Just the size you need for a 1/700 Water Tower!
IMG_5674.JPG

That's not a Moon..... It's a Peach!
IMG_5675.JPG

IMG_5676.JPG

For those of you who don't know, Gentlemen I give you The Gaffney Peachoid! Lovingly known as "The Big Butt-crack". :facepalm
Peachoid_1.jpg

I can't say why it's called that. :rotf
Peachoid_2.jpg

Thanks Guys!! I had my Model Mojo on today! :geek
I got the base shored up. Tamiya Putty wouldn't stick to My original hunk of pedestal. It's still just a mite taller that the 135 scale feet. Leaf and nipple on.
IMG_5677.JPG

Made the outside of the tower pedestal and glued it up. It wasn't as mathematical as I tried to make it.
Except for sawing off .040 from the pedestal, and some seam clean-up, my whole Gaffney Peachoid Master was done in one day!! :yipee Some kind of a personal record! :dance
IMG_5685.JPG

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

Almost ready for the RTV Mold! Thanks for looking in!!

Looks like our tax dollars at work again. There's a water tower down in FL off the turnpike I think that's supposed to be an orange. Looks like a huge golf ball on a tee. You could send it to DC. Wait!! We have enough but cracks there already. :lol: Gary

What a wild project! I wouldn't mind having one of those myself one day. You definitely need to put that on a small dio base and sit back and watch everyone's reactions when they see it. What a scream that would be!

Back