• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I Found a discarded Knob......................

20230610_115116.jpg
The new-tool Peachoid and damaged Peachoid got a little paint today. Testors PLA silver base for Tamiya clear yellow & orange finish.
20230610_120807.jpg
One possible choice for your Big Butt-crack base. This will come as a picture in the kit or as a pdf. by email for Gaffney Peach purchasers.

20230613_095233.jpg20230613_095250.jpg20230613_095259.jpg20230613_095033.jpg
The blast that damaged this Peachoid came from the side of the first picture. Dark washes to pick out pits, cracks and holes. This is the first thing I've ever blown up. No secondary explosions occurred. It's a water tower, see?

Battered and holed by enemy bombardment, the Big Butt Crack stands empty but proud along I-85.
The Tamiya colored clears over silver on the undamaged Peachoid looked like a piece of candy. It was beautiful! I must have a surface prep problem. The acrylic paints developed flaws in the finish. A coat of Testor's Metalizer Sealer will be applied before the next attempt.

20230617_084034.jpg
I drew a close rendition of the Gaffney, SC Peachoid Park from Google maps using their 50ft. scale. The circle for placement of the water tower may not be exactly right, but when you make your very own "Moon over Gaffney" you can place your Peach where you think is best!

There is plenty of room in the park for 8-inch artillery guns, trucks and tanks.

20230616_171134.jpg
Paint continues on the regular Peachoid. I want mine to really pop! Use of Tamiya acrylic clear colors isn't exactly accurate but should be eye-catching on such a small model. One light coat at a time. Don't rush the chemicals.
Thanks again for looking in!
Peachoid image.jpg:yipee:

20230618_074321.jpg20230618_074349.jpg20230618_074332.jpg20230618_074310.jpg
It looks like a piece of candy, just as I hoped it would! Woodland Scenics turf for ground cover will be overscale by a bit, but should be pleasing to the eye.
20230618_110014.jpg20230617_113904.jpg
The triangle in the Peachoid Park driveway has a big tree in the middle of it. Lumps of miscast carrot, dipped in X22 Clear and dunked in the bag of turf. Trees! These aren't included in the kit, so they won't be on the box art.

The Pretty Peach was supposed to go on the Cherokee Co. Sheriff base. The zombie Peach was originally intended for the park base, with damage and a story. Now I cain't decide. :bang head
Peachoid image.jpg:facepalm::yipee:

20230618_081221.jpg
I took a page from Doc Steinman's playbook and textured the sides of the Cherokee Co. Sheriff base. Painting the "bricks" to look like blue granite, should round out this Peachoid base. Bonnie is really fond of this base!
20230619_021317.jpg
My buddy Ross called this "The Peach Launch-pad". That's FUNNY!

20230623_202555.jpg20230624_061612.jpg
Since the Gaffney Peachoid model kit is all about South Carolina, I chose to texture the edges of the foam base and try to color them like blue granite. I referred to SC residents for their opinions. This is as close as this base will come, given limitations of scale and materials.
Gator's white "Gaffney" decals are very fine and still have good opacity for the base of my water tower. Tiny amounts of Solva-set applied with a dinky brush snuggle them down nicely!
Peachoid image.jpg:yipee::salute:

20230625_175633.jpg20230625_180457.jpg20230625_180505.jpg20230625_180516.jpg20230625_180524.jpg
I'm blowing up the Zombie Peachoid. I've never blown up a 1/700 scale model water tower before. Craters are alien to me. (Jump in here anytime Ian! )

This brush-on-diluted-glue-shake-turf-and-roll-it-out method for making groundwork is a pain in the ass! At least where there are craters, I won't apply any turf!
I should have made the base smaller! :facepalm:

It looks as if 3 enemy KS-22 Kitchen missiles missed the nearby POL facility and struck the grounds of Peachoid Park. The Kitchen doesn't often accurately hit what it is pointed at.

Again, these bases have nothing to do with the box art for the 1/700 dual Big Butt-Crack kit. Both water towers are so top-heavy they can't go to a show without a pretty healthy base.

Following the missile attack, Abbie Sossamon of the Gaffney Ledger wrote:
"The unprovoked attack on a target with little military value could only serve to attempt to demoralize the population of the Carolinas. The reverse seems to be true. As SC National Guard, Regular Army troops and armed militia push south and east, the rallying battle cry is 'Avenge the Peach!' US Army troops from Spartanburg, SC are awarding Busted Butt-Crack shoulder patches to anyone who joins this fight."
Mrs. Sossamon comments further that enemy troops appear to be entrenched in a pocket near Spartanburg and Greenville. The US Army forces from Ft. Jackson have cut off their line of retreat and are flanking what appear to be well trained and equipped enemy paratroops.

Major General Van McCarty comments,
"These bwahs are hot to fight! No enemy of our great State or Nation will be allowed to escape after such a dastardly incursion. Gen'l's Bowers and Richardson will coordinate the air forces from Shaw AFB and ground forces to be sure these people are captured, killed or worse! These people offered the peaceful folks of South Carolina no quarter and none shall be given!"

Back