• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I Found a discarded Knob......................

I'd have to make sound effects for it. :rotf Yes, the Big Butt Crack has an ass-cess door. :facepalm Lahk them ol' Comboy underpants!! :stinker No buttons!

What great fun this one is!! :yipee

I primed the Big Butt Crack, and found 4 lil' divits, I just couldn't get out. :bang head The first time Tamiya Putty ever let me down. Trying Gunze's Mr. Disolved Putty to catch them. :hmmm More gentle fine wet-sanding to come!
IMG_5769.JPG

More model ridiculousness to come!!

IMG_6012.JPG

After much fussing, filling, filing, farting, :stinker and wet-sanding, It's time to take the plunge, and mold the Peachoid!
Lego, H2O, sandy lean clay, trace sand, and .080 square styrene locating lugs for the 2-part mold. I have no expectation of selling many, (they are a lot of fun! :rotf ) but the Rule of Resin is, NEVER Build the Master. We shall see!!!! :gogo

You may have a local market for these things. Shame we don't have a LHS worth contacting about selling it.

Wholesale business is not my immediate goal. (I do have one each, Point Class Cutter set & Shrimpin' Boat set, in the Ankeny Hobbytown) I'd like to sell to Modelers directly. The Peachoid will have so much solid resin in them, they're sure to be pricey. :facepalm
One day, when I'm all grown up, and I get all serious, and stuff. I may have to make a website. I have a total of 6 projects planned (Yes, your SS Minnow is one of 'em, 'Pup!) Not truly enough items to stay interesting even if I had, say, 25 of each, on hand. Seems a shame to work all day, then all night too. For now it's mischief/fun.
"The Esoteric, from The Eccentric!" :gogo :eek:ldguy :pilot

IMG_6014.JPG

First 1/2 of the 2-part mold, on final cure after a gentle wash to get rid of bits of gray sandy lean clay. just a wee bit of trimming and tooling to do, and YOU could have your very own Peachoid!! :rotf
I'm molding EVERYTHING, as I have realized the RTV rubber mold compound won't last forever. :smack

IMG_6020.JPG

MUHHU HA HA haha HA! :rotf :frantic :gogo The Peachoid mold is ready!! :yipee I'll trade a Big Butt Crack casting for a 1/33 Monogram Tr-Pacer model kit, if anybody wants one!!

IMG_6119.JPG

IMG_6120.JPG

First casting from the Peachoid Mold! :yipee :rotf :yipee
This one is for Mike, since he is indirectly most responsible for the Big Butt Crack's image, renting space in my head!!
Just wait 'til I get my vacuum chamber up & running!! Bubble-free, beautiful, castings!!!

Any of you who have seen my Model Room know how crowded my modest space is. I found another piece of apparatus to wedge in there! (and trip over on my way to the CD player! :rotf )
IMG_6241.JPG

No, I'm not distilling corn likker! I converted an old Mirro-matic 4-quart pressure cooker to hold vacuum, and I brought my Ol' Popa's 40-year-old vacuum pump out of mothballs to supply the pressure differential. The Second Peachoid casting is in there, at 20 inches. I'm stoked to see the result!!

On the Hole, the results so far are CRACKing me up. In HINDsight the BOTTOM line will tell the TAIL! :pp

Back