• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hurricane MK.I

Old Dog

Alrighty, looks like I'm lagging behind already so I best get cracking...

First the prerequisite date stamp photos

hurridate1.jpg

hurridate2.jpg

The kit is the Pacific Coast Models Hurricane Mk.I a limited run kit with a lot of lovely surface detail, resin and PE parts and a huge set of decals along with the usual limited run kit fit issues but armed with the experience of others who have conquered the beast I hope to tame it as well, lets look at what is in the box...

hurricane01.jpg

hurricane02.jpg

hurricane03.jpg

hurricane-clear.jpg

hurricane-resin.jpg

hurricane-pe.jpg

hurricane-decal.jpg

Decals include markings for 5 Hurricane aces of the BoB, so many choices !

Probably be a few weeks before I have any thing of interest to post but wanted to get a thread started.

Whoops, sorry Terry, I forgot you can't see that part of the box in the photo, it's 1/32 !

Well, if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not going to make it with this one. I had hope to make a big push on it this month but ended up away from home for five days which included one weekend and spent the weekend prior getting ready for the trip. This past weekend I spent cleaning up storm damage and getting caught up with yard work. Sometimes life just works against you. Anyway, I have started the kit but will wait now and post it Wesendorf Field. I should know better than to start projects that overlap into the summer season, too many distractions !

Awwwww, Gary, I was really looking forward to your Hurricane. As a matter of fact, I just ordered the old Airfix Hurricane yesterday. The Italeri kit is just a little pricy for me, but I think I can whip it into shape.

Let me know if you would be interested in doing a buddy build. I bet we would have a blast! Oh! No time limit!! I build slower than a snail on quaaludes, so we build as feel the urge. Think about it.... and let me know. ;)

Greg

Back