• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hurricane - Build #2 **DONE**

ij001

That's the thing about having access to ALL the stash for the first time in six years !! - choosing a project can be easy.

h3f10293.jpg

h77ad1b6.jpg

Airfix 1:48 Hurricane Mk.I - You may recall I've already built both the 'new' Spit V, and the Defiant and loved them both, so in the end, the decision was pretty much a 'no brainer'. New kit with decals from the 1980's era (Old Airfix) Mk.I and Quickboost exhausts. Somewhere in the stash are some etch early pattern RAF belts which I'll dig-out tomorrow.

Looking over the instructions, there doesn't seem to be a single part of the extensive framing in the cockpit, wheel wells and gun bays that Airfix haven't included... definitely not a shake & bake kit, but really looking forward to getting stuck-in. Hopefully it will look a little like this when I'm done messing around with it:

h585581f.jpg

Please stay tuned, don't think this one will take-up too much time on the bench !!

AFN

Ian.

h6b42d3e_2018-04-03.jpg

Hurricane - Build #2

Lots of construction work here, fit is very good, but d*mn fiddly:

h0434c07.jpg

hbf40e16.jpg

habf0701.jpg

By contrast, the fuselage needs only a bulkhead and the IP adding before it can be buttoned-up !

hf7059de.jpg

Wonder if I'll have any problems bringing it all together ?? :frantic

Ian.

h6b42d3e_2018-04-05.jpg

Hurricane - Build #2

Been looking forward to seeing somebody I trust building one of these Looking good so far Ian (y)

Hurricane - Build #2

Well, believe it or not it did go together without a fuss !!

h22338f0.jpg

h2745c3c.jpg

hd2fb208.jpg

All filled & sanded-down, all ready now for undercoat...

AFN

Ian.

h6b42d3e_2018-04-07.jpg

Hurricane - Build #2

Love it when there's a photo of the real thing !! - priming today.

h4e59450.jpg

Ian.

h6b42d3e_2018-04-09.jpg

Hurricane - Build #2

Primer (cockpit green) & pre-shading with Tamiya White, Deck Tan, German Grey & Black

h24c5f0b.jpg

hf1dcf9b.jpg

hc217792.jpg

h50ae55d.jpg

hdfc66fa.jpg

h69fd637.jpg

he4ebfa2.jpg

h1545cc7.jpg

Ian.

h6b42d3e_2018-04-09-2.jpg

Hurricane - Build #2

Decals on and 'dirtying-up' with oils - more layers to come.

h918ce48.jpg

hfd5ce3f.jpg

h1959198.jpg

Ian.

h6b42d3e_2018-05-01.jpg

Hurricane - Build #2

Looking good (y) seems like they could have made the code letters bigger :tomato

Hurricane - Build #2

Looking good (y) seems like they could have made the code letters bigger :tomato

Yep, 32 Squadron were unique in using the maximum sized codes, they probably had a reason but that seems to have been forgotten in the mists of time !! - Thanks folks for the kind comments, really enjoying the build but forced to stop for a couple of days because my lad is off to school-camp today and I'm going too... Yaayyy :( :( :(

Ian.

Hurricane - Build #2

Just awesome Ian!...the camo and the weathering look impressive...maybe, one of the best from yours :coolio

Congratulations! :drinks

Luiz.

Back