• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"HOT ROD ROUND UP" GB 10 PLAYERS

We're on for a July 1 start date.

Just to set the mood...a little pickin' n' a grinn'

Back when Country Rocked.

Just won't stall.... :drinks

A big hand for Jr. Brown, he's just doin' his job.

Back when Country Rocked.

AMEN BROTHA' !! IMHO - Country hasn't released anything since th early 80's. Now th Old School Guys are still Rockin' Willie , Johnny C - R.I.P., Waylon J - R.I.P.

I got My Wheels a spinnin ... not sure what to Build. What are th parameter's is it all Rat Rod, or anything Hot Rod type. any years attached to it ?

I'm thinkin of a '57 Bel Air with a Big 'Ol blower on it !! :hmmm

Hot Rod Cars, that's all. I was thinking of doing a Nascar tribute but Mike said that would be pushing it. Hot Rod should be street legal (questionable) souped up vehicles. Not race cars per say.

Having said that, would a Euro or Japanese car souped up be a Hot Rod?

I don't know why not. I don't think a project needs to be a pure hot rod. It could be a custom, rod, dragster, nascar, formula 1, truck or classic. I've seen all kinds of things at a car show. Really the only rule that I set is that in needs to be non military. So do whatever you want as long as it's civilian and has more than two wheels.

:D

There's been much debate on the definition of a hot rod, some of it quite heated at times!! :evil: I agree with Terry's statement with the exception that I think choppers and bobbers should be welcome too (the two wheeled types). Goodguys Rod and Custom Association sometimes limits their participants to 1972 and older vehicles, guess that works for me. Hell, I just want to build something!!

Well I left the two wheelers out because they deserve their own campaign.

:hmmm

Did you say Nascar????
4-4-2006-47.jpg

Any Ford qualifies as a Hot Rod... even a Tempo. :silly:

Anyway though Terry, can I do a winged Sprint Car for this? Basically a 900 HP go-kart for the boys who have already learned that you turn right to go left. I've got the perfect kit for it. Sammy Swindell's Channellock #1 Outlaw Sprint Car. I saw him lap the field up to sixth place with this thing at Eldora Speedway for the King's Royal one year. That was in 40 laps on a half mile oval. :notworthy He ran out of gas going across the finish line!

I looked in my stash and the only cars left are:

1. ESCI BMW M-1 received built, needs a rebuild.
2. Fujimi GT-40 2 kits, one Unbuilt second Garage Queen
3. Fujimi Porsche 911 (engine built & painted)

Since nothing really fits, I will be in the sidelines cheering you all on!

Regards,

I looked in my stash and the only cars left are:

1. ESCI BMW M-1 received built, needs a rebuild.
2. Fujimi GT-40 2 kits, one Unbuilt second Garage Queen
3. Fujimi Porsche 911 (engine built & painted)

Since nothing really fits, I will be in the sidelines cheering you all on!

Regards,
Saul, I have a closet full of kits, PM me with a wish list and I'll send you one!

Well I have a '57 Chevy that would do the trick for this GB, or the '67 Plymouth GTX NHRA Super Stocker campaigned by Sox and Martin or the Sprint Car or.....uuuggh, decisions, decisions :bang head :bang head

Tom

Back