• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heller 1/48 Stuka JU-87 R-2 Done!

Re: Heller 1/48 Stuka JU-87 R-2

He also says MaK kits are cheap. This will be done by New Years- tomorrow night is one week away from Christmas Eve!

So i lied- not done by newYears or even today- posting these as test pics- at least you cant see the bottom where the rattlecan misshap nearly set this in the junk pile.

I should be done by tuesday

stuka_painting.JPG

stuka_painting_28129.JPG

Canopy, MG, wing guns, sirens, antennae and exhaust are all thats left after another pass with some white and ect to blend this together.

Calling this done- what you see here is an example of shear guts, if Saul hadn't gone to all the trouble of verifying my idea i would never post this here- very disappointed with this kit. BUT, have at it.

I tried to replicate washed off white wash and a very handpainted piece of field applied nose art and a few leaks AND a patch from some kind of weapon damage near the tail- 100% hand painted except for the primer coat.

This Heller kit had great surface detail, but it was cast from very hard brittle styrene. The wing guns are brass rod, the prop, the best feature- is held on by a piece of wire and a swizzle stick cut down and fastened with a drop of solder. It spins and it wont come off. The patch on the tail is cigarette foil cut into strips and the siren props are white metal with brass rod bases.

Yes the cockpit antenna is bent because i broke it twice! :sick:

stuka_done_28329.JPG

stuka_done_28129.JPG

stuka_done_28229.JPG

stuka_done.JPG

I love the sharkmouth and I know it wasn't easy to get them to match! Come back to the kit and replace the antenna at a later point as is it worth it!

Regards,

I did it all for you buddy- I wanted to post something different, well I got my wish. out of all my scrap I just couldn't find another antennae. Tried to make one, but we wont get into that. :laugh:

Hey,I'm no aircraft buider,...but I really like this one,CR! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Back