• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heller 1/48 Stuka JU-87 R-2 Done!

kryptosdaddy

The Heller High Tech kit. lol

stuka_28329.JPG

stuka_28229.JPG

It came with the metal parts but the PE was missing, so I'm adding Eduards set for the Hasegawa Stuka. I'm just detailing the cockpit so this should not be an issue.

Saul i'm gonna do this in a winter camo scheme and paint the sharkmouth into the scheme- saw this in a magazine so it should qualify- I'll find a pick soon.

Re: Heller 1/48 Stuka JU-87 R-2

Saul i'm gonna do this in a winter camo scheme and paint the sharkmouth into the scheme- saw this in a magazine so it should qualify- I'll find a pick soon.

I know this one. It is one of four B/R models eligible. If you can't find the photo, I will post it.

Regards,

Is this the one you are referring to?

StukaSharkWinter0001.jpg

Other choices would be:

Stukaju87005.jpg

This is a B-1, note the cowl flaps are different.

Stukadesertsnakeybis640px.jpg

Look closely, these are two different aircraft. There are decals for one.

Regards,

Similar to the top- the shark face was painted with the same color as the winter matte paint. I can pull it out of the magazine and post the pic, but I'm trying to find an actual.

You saw a color profile? Or a photo in a magazine?

Regards,

I saw a build in a magazine. Might not be right, but you can never tell-

stuka_shark.jpg

According to the article this was an Airfix B-2. The Heller Kit is an R-2, but I don't know if the difference would be significant enough to disqualify the build. Why I'm asking- still looks nice, and being painted like this gives certain artistic license.

Chip,

It looks to be based on the first photo I posted. so use that photo and see how close you can come!

The differences in the model kits between the B & R are minimal. Don't put drop tanks on the wings and you are fine!

Regards,

Preliminary is done- NO pics as i just picked up the colors i'm missing...

Three sprues and the extra stuff (PE and white metal) No engine! Turns out I.m gonna have to scratch some stuff inside the cockpit. Oh well, story of my life.

First part: wings and rudders, wheels, bombs (5) and the spinner, prop blades are glued separately to the spinner base! This thing is almost like a toy.

Wings look nice as does the fusc. Nice lines and rivets and the fit seems pretty fair during the dry test.

My two issues so far- the control panel is LARGER than the PE panel Eduard supplied for the Hase kit? And at maybe 2/10ths at that- and on the wings are flat little studs- they are so stubbly I'm looking for something that attaches to them. Nothing- this is how the kit is molded and that will be changed.

stuka_shark_002.jpg

Look inside the blue circle- that is all there is to the wing stud(?) on port side- starboard is the same.Shouldn't there be a type of cover here?

Easy and early- this is a painting kit- not a detail setup.

They all have the blister... the B/R models have a 7.92 MG17 buried in the wing. Later models received a 20mm cannon. The ones armed with 37mm cannon did get the 20mm removed and the blisters capped.

Regards,

lol- web nut http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/bww2/ju87b/

a great cutaway and control panel detail for the B

http://www.socalvalue.com/airace/stuka/stuka.htm

Cockpit is done and the body is glued together- The first half of Heller is Hell, that sums this thing up nicely. had to widen the instument boxes in the rear section and scratch the canopy support frame- hoe i did that one right--- I could not find the blue that Eduard used for the panels on the PE, so i painted the interior Dunklegrun- yes i know thats wrong- and went for the best...

stuka_cockpit.JPG

stuka_cockpit_28129.JPG

Wings, wheels, rear stabilizers, prop base ect is all done and ready to add on and paint- though now i have to putty the spine and the lower end of the fusc, a nasty little kit.

If you keep the canopies closed, the cockpit is more than adequate! Keep going, this Campaign is all about the markings in the finishing stage.

Regards,

canopy will be closed- its a two piece thing, AND the rear section- the back of that is too thick, so it has to be filed, sanding would take forever! All in all the lines are nice, it will make a decent representation. And it s coming soon...

Back