• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HEINKEL 51- JUST FINISHED!

HEINKEL 51- RLM 63/ MARKINGS...

he2d73d2.gif

WOW-flaming.gif

Those old biplanes really look good when done. They are also usually quite clean with minimal weathering and only a little dirt and oil from being flown.

I_LIKE_IT.jpg

Yes, I´ll do the mine in this way!...thank you for the commenting :good:

Luiz.

I'm in awe, :notworthy

How did you get the swastika decal around the rigging?

Dear Bob, a very interesting question...

That is simpler than you think. First I painted the red strip located on the vertical rudder, note that Easy Line was already in place. Then I cut the white circle with the swastika from the kit's original decal. Now I cut the white circle in two parts and positioned in the middle of the red strip, Easy Line did not disturb because it is very thin. I hope you have understood, please see the photos below.

Best!

Luiz.

Thank you, Mike, Bob and Chris for the support!...really appreciate :good:

Luiz.

I just noticed the tail. It has the red band with swastika on one side and a 3 color band on the other. I am not sure if that is right. Seems like it is supposed to be one other other with both sides the same.

med3d-ennuye.gif

Here is a poor video I found but it does show both sides of the planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EllMEv06FsU

Dear Paul

I just follow the kit instructions,see:

Another point :

The mine has the code 21 D 11 and the Heinkel 51 showed in the video has the code 21 G 11...Thank for the interest in my project.

Regards!

Luiz.

HEINKEL 51- OCT.22nd UPDATE...

Luiz - this is freaking outstanding!!!! :yipee

Did you have any issues paint with the rigging in place?

Dear Paul

I just follow the kit instructions,see:

Another point :

The mine has the code 21 D 11 and the Heinkel 51 showed in the video has the code 21 G 11...Thank for the interest in my project.

Regards!

Luiz.

I suspected that is what you used. I rarely follow kit instruction paint diagrams these days. The diagram for my Maus build was completely incorrect for the camouflage patterns. As there was only one built with the turret and I found photos of both sides as well as the front and rear I set the kit instructions aside. While it was still a best guess as to which lines were brown and which were green it was still better than the kit instructions. I will follow the instructions if they include photos of the subject or if I find supporting references.

This build is still looking quite amazing Luiz! :notworthy

Great looking exhaust (y)

About the stripes on the right side of the rudder . ( Only a guess ) A lot of the top dogs's aircraft had some personalized details . Perhaps this is one of them.

Cheers, Christian B)

HEINKEL 51- OCT.22nd UPDATE...

Thank you Paul, Bob, Mike, Chris, Bob and Kenny for the support and the kind words :drinks

Luiz.

Hi mates!

After sixteen days my He 51 was ready...a record for me :frantic , besides a very difficult kit to assembly...the rigging was a real challenge...and the decals application was very hard too, because this model is too old (1996)...follow the last pictures, hope you like it!!!

The pilot, an Andrea Miniatures fig in the 1/48 scale...

The Heinkel 51 itself...

best!...till the next!

Luiz.

Back