• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

He 162W Floater!

sharkman

Master at Arms
I couldn't resist.....

Found this for $15 in a comic store this week..

I had come across this on the Beyond the Sprue website created by a member there (Alex who goes by the name of Axor) so credit for the idea goes to him!

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=7029.45

Had an old main float from the Monogram Kingfisher...

started cutting!

and fitting!

and more cutting!

Another fun idea on the go!! :gogo

He 162

h6303142_2017-05-07.jpg

He 162

As much of that aircraft is made from wood it would probably float without the float :D

He 162

Another great project idea Warren. I've seen this built before and the He 162 really looks good as a floater. :popcorn

He 162

Been working on this some more, excited about the build!

I'm going to need some outrigger floats so I cut down another set of 1/72 floats (think these came from Dave as well).

J2dbLZH.jpg

I then glued a piece of sheet stryene to the front end, sanded the rear end and glued them together, then trimmed them down with the Dremel

ETQVoCj.jpg

Glued the main float to the body. I ended up with a chunk missing at the step of the float

8iAm4gI.jpg

Needed to fill in the sides of the body with more sheet styrene

45QCQAA.jpg

Trimmed it to fit

vA8vumc.jpg

8DrgK00.jpg

yBGcE0K.jpg

Then sanding and lots of putty!

uEsbiGB.jpg

MarJUmr.jpg

Will have to do a few sessions of fill, sand repeat!

HXAoeqx.jpg

82WekmD.jpg

d2CrA2t.jpg

Then on to the wings!

I want to attach outriggers here, kind of like what is found on a PBY Cat, that would fold down on landing.

l6Pxx7A.jpg

cut the tips off

xO6BF87.jpg

VlYPlfC.jpg

Not sure yet if I want to display them up or down but I'll have to cut this area out or add some detail here.

m6AFCR9.jpg

I also made the decision that I'm going to go with the optional V-tail provided by the kit. I think that if this thing was real, the original style tail would have a larger chance of catching up in the water than the V-tail.

UB6XEva.jpg

Forgot....Took a pic of the interior too. Made some belts out of Furnace tape and some left over PE buckles.

LG1vk3t.jpg

Back