• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Haseagawa 1/32 scale Fw 190D-9 FINISHED

matrixone

Here it is, the finished large scale Hasegawa Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9.

The model was built O.O.B. except for changing the gun cowl to the late three piece with the round bulge in the low position and the early style flat canopy was modified to the late war version without the pully system.

Paints used were Model Master enamels and they were sprayed on with my trusty Iwata Revolution BR.

This Fw 190D-9 was put in the markings of I./EKG(j) which was a training unit similar to the KG(j) units, the JaPo Fw 190 D-9 camo and markings books says the ''E'' in EKG stands for 'Erganzung' meaning replenishment or supplement and its use of Ar 96 and Bu 181 aircraft along with various Focke-Wulf fighters would suggest that even students with little experience with aircraft were quickly being trained.
The KG(j) units were formed from Luftwaffe aircrew from disbanded bomber units to teach them how to fly fighters, EKG(j) remains a mystery as to why it had been formed since the KG(j) units already were in existence.
I used EagleCals for marking this model, sadly it was one of the decal sheets that was printed before the discovery of the small black 17 in a circle on the sides of ''red 18'' so the black seventeen was not included on the decal sheet, I scrounged the marking from my decal spares box.

h03fbf9c.JPG

h5c8f106.JPG

hf82531a.JPG

h6436c3f_2014-12-02.JPG

h81c68cc.JPG

h02d3d25.JPG

h4661d8e.JPG

h88fdf13.JPG

hb981bad.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks to all for the kind words! :notworthy

Here is another Fw 190 that was used by I./EKG(j), this is the well known Fw 190A-6 A-8 hybrid that was made famous by American pilot Lt. Bruce Carr of the 356th FG after he made a belly landing after taking a joy ride in it. After this incident it was forbidden for U.S. pilots to take joy rides in captured Luftwaffe aircraft even after the war ended..

h07a5800.JPG

hb687172.JPG

Below are a couple of stills from color footage of this aircraft, I have seen the entire film before and it proves the band on the fuselage was a pale yellow color and it is thought ''red 18'' had the same.
h3766bfd.JPG

h5a68da2.JPG

Matrixone

Thank you dollar19!

This model and the Meng Me 163 I built earlier are my two favorite builds of this year.

Matrixone

Back