• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HardCorpModel´s LVT tracks.HELP with LVT in Italy!

Hello everyone!

I´m assembling a LVT-4 Water Buffalo from Italeri and I managed to get one Hardcorp Models LVT´s tracks.

The track detail is just ... impresive? awesome? to kill for? .... :woohoo:

But I´m a little afraid about them for some reasons

1.- This tracks seems a little bit fragile. I´ve not good assembling skills and I´ll probably break some links while I put them in to place. I´ll also glue them to wheels to ensure a more "durable" assembly. Any specially recomended glue? Ciano? Epoxy? Gator´s glue? Just normal plastic cemment? ... I´ve never worked with the material the tracks are made off.

2.- Painting the tracks. The instruction sheet recomends painting the tracks with acrylic paints. Can I paint them with my Tamiya´s paint (using laquer thinner) after a nice coat of acrylic primer. Any experience or advice about this?

And regarding the LVT´s.

I´m making one of the LVT used during the Lake Commachio raid in northern Italy. Any idea about painting schemes, decals ... unit ...??? Any available picture?

Many, many many thanks!!!

Any help will be HIGHLY appreciated.

Hello Jose,

Yes these tracks are fragile, I have yet to install a set that I didn't break in several places.

I use the extra thin superglue and glue them in place once they are installed.

I prime, paint and weather them before I install them and then do a final weathering/careful light dry brushing once in place.

I base coat the tracks in acrylics, and then wash them with oils.

Hope this helps.

David

Back