• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

I put on a clear gloss coat tonight and came back to see what I was instructed to do. Now I don't find where I was told to do a clear gloss coat....

Bumpin up the early Bradley for this build. :soldier

Clear gloss to help make the pin wash flow into the lines and streaking oil the oils easier, they soak into the flat coat.

"Pay attention, Ah say, pay attention boy!" Foghorn Leghorn circa 1957

:rotf

Anyone remember what color we're going to use inside? Was it RAF Sky? :soldier

Got the lower hull built up. :frantic

Don't ask me that question :idonno I had forgotten you were building this thing but it looks good (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Anyone remember what color we're going to use inside? Was it RAF Sky ??

I know I suggested Sky, but other folks may have other/better ideas.

Ian.

Instructions called for 4 parts flat white and 1 part flat green. Depending on the green I think that would equal what Sky is. :ro:

Don't worry Chris, I forgot I was building a lot of these lately. :frantic

hc0912d4.jpg

Progress :soldier

Nice work so far! Ammo by Mig makes a APC Interior that looks close to the pale green of these things, but yes Tamiya Sky is probably pretty close too!

:popcorn

Thanks Mike, never been inside one so I don't no nuffin'. Looked at a couple of pictures and it does look a bit light on the green side. But this is a fun build so i'm not going to worry about it. :soldier

color looks good, when it is all dirty it will not matter.

a note on the floor panels, when the paint wore off the non-skid coating, black showed through. I guess that was the color of the non-skid coating. When it was chipped down to the bare metal, it was a yellowish aluminum color.

Those floor panels were taken up all the time to inspect the ammo crates and clean out the mud/crud that got under there.

Thanks Chris, was debating on how deep to go with that. The Nonskid, it was painted over with interior color?

MP,
no, it was under the interior color. it was pretty rough. the green wore off pretty quick on the high spots.

looking good so far!

ETA to add this - you can see how rough the coating was here.
M2Interior_281129.jpg

that "hole" as we called it didn't get used that often so the paint in this area was less worn then the main crew area.
Bradley's held 10 people, but I don't recall ever seeing full squads so that seat behind the driver (facing the rear) was used as field storage only and didn't get the traffic. Those floor panels under the rear facing seat covered the vehicles battery compartments.

MP,
no, it was under the interior color. it was pretty rough. the green wore off pretty quick on the high spots.

looking good so far!

ETA to add this - you can see how rough the coating was here.
M2Interior_281129.jpg

that "hole" as we called it didn't get used that often so the paint in this area was less worn then the main crew area.
Bradley's held 10 people, but I don't recall ever seeing full squads so that seat behind the driver (facing the rear) was used as field storage only and didn't get the traffic. Those floor panels under the rear facing seat covered the vehicles battery compartments.

Wooo...nice.. that looks like something fun to play with. Thanks Chris! :soldier

Probably too late to the party but, Krylon's Decorator Series "Satin Pistachio" spray paint is also close to the Seafoam interior colour. Meng's Bradley kits recommend Vallejo 70.974 Green Sky.

Cheers,
Rich

Back