• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

Think I'm ready to paint here also.
:soldier

hbbac388.jpg

hb3a8e43.jpg

w00t! looking good. can't wait to see the paint applied.

Wait no longer..

hce2f9ba.jpg

Slapped some Migs dark wash over Testors lacquer gloss which sealed in the Tamiya Desert Yellow. Will clean it up this evening then some more washin'. :soldier

also, the correct firing port covers are the one with the holes - since this is the Infantry version. If you want the Cavalry version, use the covered port.

If you are using the kit decals, this is the Infantry version.

Woops...Decals.

So since I'm being lazy and covering up the ports I can't use the kit decals. That's fine, they are a bit yellowed anyways. Any suggestions what I should use?

h8d12289.jpg

h41c0471.jpg

Cleaned up the dark wash, still need to figure out which markings this gets, haven't had time to research much. :bang head

Here's the order of battle for Desert Storm for U.S. units except for the 3rd Armored Cavalry.

h2590578.JPG

h530ff86.JPG

hd87dfc6.JPG

h9d5e9ad.JPG

:)

Thanks for digging that up Terry, I could not find references for what unit had what markings and what those chevrons were so, I just winged it.

I know this is wrong, but it looks Desert Storm to me. :soldier :salute

h824c533.jpg

hbff958f.jpg

hd179204.jpg

h536caf0.jpg

Talk about evolution...
ha0d16a3.jpg

Only thing i'm really doing is Migs neutral wash on surfaces and Dark Wash in the panel lines. I attempted a dusting with the neutral wash along the skirts.

A couple of seal coats and I think I'll call it done.
Just saw a part is missing! :bang head

Too late but.
http://www.militarytrader.com/military-vehicles-news/gulf-war-us-army-vehicle-painting-operations

M2-Bradley24th-ID.jpg

Thanks James.

Two take aways on this.

[ol]
[li]The coalition forces in the Gulf adopted a system of geometric markings using V’s, chevrons, lines, dots and dashes. Markings meant different things in different formations and the major area commander determined meaning.[/li]
[li]Due to the enormous media coverage, many vehicles had unit marks covered or completely removed; this appears to hold especially true in combat units.[/li]

[/ol]
So with that said, what I have is not improbable. :idonno :soldier

Back