• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

Thanks Rich, yeah it's a bit late. I'm not gonna worry so much about this one, it's gonna get dirty in there. :soldier

Looking at the parts list from Friuls gave me an idea how to make the track pins.

Take a tube, any tube, not to long. This will be the feeder. Get some sort of stable holder, I used the handy dandy soldering third hand tool.

h3ee78f0.jpg

Clip in the feeder tool more or less vertical. I measured what the pin should be by taking a drill bit and running it through the track till it stopped on the outer side. In this case about 14mm.

h5f2d02d.jpg

Measure once, cut twice, wait...ok so load the pin stock in the feeder and let it bottom out. I ended up using two rods at a time. The feeder helped keep the rod from rolling away from the scissors.

hb37cb54.jpg

As you cut the rod keep a couple of fingers on it so they don't go flying across the room, ask me how I learned that. Once it's cut the rod drops down for the next cut.

hc1c899f.jpg

Makin' tracks. :soldier

Slick idea with the tube Bob!

Looking good though! I have to get at those Fruil tracks for my tankers tangle build!

:popcorn

Very cool idea Bob. That is worth copying :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

PS Dont forget to add it to Sprue U for posterity. :bat

Thanks James, I think some of our guys who are more mechanically inclined could some up with a rig that has a scale built into it, maybe even a cutter. :hmmm

Brilliant idea Bob! I doubt I'll ever need that but you have given the large scale guys a tremendous boost in ease of assembly. Magnificent work man!

I got that, but not sure I can mix it with the MM Acrylic Sky I have. Maybe I spray it like a shade over it, real light just to turn it a bit.

Tracks done...other than blackening...painting, weathering, installing....

hf2a0723.jpg

Ran into a bit of an issue. I installed the metal sprockets from Friul using Dr Mike's CA but didn't realize the tracks don't clear the sprocket and the sprocket wasn't budging.
So after some cussin' and drillin' and fittin' and more drilling I rebuilt the drive axles

h025dd25.jpg

h7425ad5.jpg

I figured now I could have removed the sponson with greater ease than I did with the axles but now they spin...for now. Once the tracks are fitted i'll glue the sprockets in place.

Just to show I'm not slackin' on the Bradley, I got the track on!

AK Interactive blackin' solution. Then a wash of burnt umber, looks like I need some more treatment. Also just did the same wash on the wheels, need something darker and then highlight. Lot more to do.

habdd3d8.jpg

h10bd437.jpg

h0193217.jpg

Oh, i did a slight mist of Tamiya cockpit Green over the Sky to darken it a bit. By the time it's washed and dried it may pass for the interior color.

:soldier

Back