• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

Thanks Mike, needs more. Lots more. I got some laborday chores to do tomorrow but I should get some time to get back on the bench after that.

hd658205.jpg

:soldier

Really doesn't show, guess it's camera/light. Oh well, Think I'll seal it up and move inside and up top. Time to git'er done. :soldier

Well guys I decided not to worry about the interior. One thing I'm finding is it's lacking in so many places I don't have time, nor inclination, to correct thing (vision ports for one thing) and looking around and seeing the work others have done, I can't do it justice.

So...

hd519fa6.jpg

Quick question. The gun ports, if i do the ones that are sealed up would I be ok for Gulf War version?

Ok the interior is sky green or cockpit green from Tamiya. One is a little darker. Apply a oil wash of olive green and bam you're done. Dry brush if you want. Don't stress over armor colors. They are usually chipped, dirty, greasy, etc. Vision ports are green tinted glass unless you're talking about the laser range finders with that funky orange/red/purple mirrored look. Go to a party store and look for plastic ribbon and you should find something similar. Besides those things look different depending the angle you look at them. Don't sweat it you're doing fine. Sealed up gun ports should be fine it might depend on the unit, but I wouldn't sweat that either. Now buck up and move out.

SADDLE UP LET'S GET BACK IN THE WAR!

:)

Not giving up Terry, just pressing on. This is my hangup about modern stuff. Go to shows and see some of these modern things all tricked out because these guys like Chris (CB1) drove them, slept in them, lived in them. I can't do these things justice.

The Biggest problem is this fall my schedule is going to be packed. Hard for me to get enough time to do anything.

I am planning on getting some of that mylar stuff from Hobby Lobby.

a note on the vision port color - the early A0 Bradley did not have the laser protection coating that make them look pink/purple.

They have that dark green/black look to them, mostly back.

The gun sight is different, looking at the sight from the front, the left side lens is gold, that is the night sight, the right side was clear for the day sight.

also, the correct firing port covers are the one with the holes - since this is the Infantry version. If you want the Cavalry version, use the covered port.

If you are using the kit decals, this is the Infantry version.

Yeah that's the other thing, the transparency for the gun site is AWOL so i'll have to have that closed up.

Not giving up Terry, just pressing on. This is my hangup about modern stuff. Go to shows and see some of these modern things all tricked out because these guys like Chris (CB1) drove them, slept in them, lived in them. I can't do these things justice.

The Biggest problem is this fall my schedule is going to be packed. Hard for me to get enough time to do anything.

I am planning on getting some of that mylar stuff from Hobby Lobby.

I'm just saying don't get tangled up and down about the gritty details. I bet you don't know where all the oil leaks are on a Wildcat either, but you still do good work.

:D

Bob, you do far more justice to this model than I ever could. Your finishes are magnificent and place you far above me in skills and abilities. I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress with this.

Back