• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker DR1

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my Fokker :pilot

DR1001.jpg

it's a dual kit, don't expect both but there will be at least one.

Naw, it's a dual DR1. I understand this is suppose to be a really good kit, not like the last thing from Eduard I attempted.

Haven't cut sprue yet but I did do some painting. did a simple wood grain on the inside using Vallejo. Dries much quicker! No pics yet...maybe tomorrow, I want to see what it looks like under the digital eye.

OK not a very good picture but hell, y'all ain't going to be able to see down in there when it's done anyways..

DR1002.jpg

Vallejo Buff as a base, then Vallejo something for the brown...can't remember now. couple of shades. Then AlcladII Transparent Yellow, just because I don't have Tamiya transparent yellow.

:beer

MP, I use Tamiya XF-76 for the blueish green grey metal. hth
James

And looking good (y) (y) (y)
James

Got a little work done this weekend. Knocked over a full bottle of Tanex..twice.
First time dodged the bullet. Second..not so lucky. all over the freshly closed up fuselage of the Dr1. I didn't panic, saw the plastic melting but I just waited it out...it soften some of the corners but I think it's going to be ok.

Four days working on the cockpit and this is what you get to see....

DR1002%7E0.jpg

I really hate the PE seat belts, too much spring in them. they don't lay down. I'll put a clear coat on that seat to hide the CA that's all over the place.

DR1003.jpg

Ugly..but when installed..

DR1004.jpg

Not so bad, paint it up and we're good to go.

Think I'm going to do the rather bland scheme of Adolf Ritter von Tutschek with just a black tail section and white cowl. The Olive scheme should be fun.

oh what a mother fokker! i mean ... that'll be the mother of all fokkers ... uhm ... er ... what a fokker ... no ... wait ... what a wonderful triplane you build there! :v

Back