• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gothaforce - New Aviation Pioneering Age Model Company

All the WinNut kits are injection molded. I suspect that at some point we might see some repops from some other manufacturer, so they are just off in limbo, but now way to know for how long. Also at that point there will be no guarantee on the quality of instructions or decals.

Sweet kits, but I'd get my hinny kicked at that price. My lovely bride supports my hobby, but to a point,................as in, don't break the piggy bank.
I know the feeling! I love the subject (you can see why and I spent a lot on references), but dragged my feet on the Wingnut Wings kit hoping for a better price which never came. Now, with the kid in college, I can justify spending so much on a kit which is available in smaller scales (albeit without the same detail level).

Oh well, I will stick to what I have in the stash although it is tiny at 72nd scale. It turns out that Eduard did release the decals I need as a special Bunny Fighter Club edition as no one seems to make the Bowke one separately. I already have a 72nd scale kit from Roden but, as I mentioned in @centaur567's F-15 thread, it is sometimes better to kitbash to get the best of both (including the decals):
1729967421956.png

See extra decal sheet on left:
1729967604985.png

Best of all, the kit's regular decals has both 4 & 5 color lozenge decals (including reverse printed for the cockpit interior):
1729968102103.png

Oh well, I will stick to what I have in the stash although it is tiny at 72nd scale. It turns out that Eduard did release the decals I need as a special Bunny Fighter Club edition as no one seems to make the Bowke one separately. I already have a 72nd scale kit from Roden but, as I mentioned in @centaur567's F-15 thread, it is sometimes better to kitbash to get the best of both (including the decals):
View attachment 174836

See extra decal sheet on left:
View attachment 174837

you will need to kitbash if its a Roden!

@Brokeneagle, yes... the Fokker D.VII will give up whatever is best and the left over wings will be kit-bashed with a Dr.I (Eduard Dr.I or Roden F.1) to make this D.VI... Still cheaper than kits in the larger scales.
1729999492998.png

Welcome aboard and thanks for posting.
How about an introduction?
As promised, a little introduction.
Our mission is to inspire folks about the pioneering age of aviation ... because it deserves a much better place ... than currently in the hobby. As first www.gothaforce.com federates a number of brands in the WWI aviation realm ... so that a WWI aviation modeller does not have to shop for every individual part ... each time incurring shipping costs. That is because main modelling sites do not see that as a priority. Second and more importantly ... as witnessed with Fokker D.VII OAW 3.0 ... we will release our own line of products ... of course scale model kits being at the center ... but not limited to that ... as there are many more ways to inspire folks of different ages about this fascinating period. Think about toys ... games ... art ... publications etc ... As far as the kits are concerned ... one of the pains is that they are generally perceived as too difficult to build. So our number 1 design & engineering objective has been to build kits of museum quality ... so that prizes on shows can be won with them ... yet very easy to build. We believe 3D printing to be the future ... as it comes with many advantages ... even though there is a lot misconception about 3d ... removal of supports only being one of them. You will find them surprisingly easy to remove. Because then there is 3D printing ... and there is 3D printing. We are aware that 3D printing as a resin ... comes with hit and miss CA glue as an adhesive ... which is generally perceived as less welcome ... than the good old plastic cement. To accommodate this negative ... we turned things around ... asking ourselves the question: What if we don't need glue at all ? It results in a model that can mostly put together without glue ... while still giving sufficient building experience. It makes great for dryfitting ... building unbuilding ... suited to how WWI models are completed. We see CA glue ... as a fix and seal for final assembly ... usually applicable in safe place ... without the risk of visible spill. Funny enough a lot can be even be sealed with white glue. It's next level and we believe this to be the future. Of course it comes with doubt, disbelief, expectations, comparisons of the like .... that's perfectly understandable with something new. The discovery page on www.gothaforce.com now contains a lot of Q&A format information for your guidance. If you have further questions ... of course we will be happy to answer them.

Back