• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker DR1

Oh the week it's been! I finally got to the garage some this weekend. I had worked on the prop some over the week, just a Vallejo Buff and again, one of the browns, I need to remember which one! Then a coat of transparnet yellow.

Here's the assembly so far, most decals on and a coat of Alclad Aqua Clear

DR1006.jpg

The cowl was done in the Vallejo Off White with a drop of buff in there.
DR1007.jpg

Hope you like this fokker..:mpup

Look at the mustache on that Fokker.

:rotf

Good one... :rotf :rotf :rotf

Thanks James, I like it also. Wish I had a better demark between the colors to give it more of that laminate (is that the right term?) look. You know where they sandwich two different woods together?

Yup, laminate. Looks good to me. Whole thing does. Now I want to build another DrI. Nice work Bob.
James

Looks like it was a productive day. Notice I didn't say nice fokkin' mustache? :D

I pulled out the little fokker today.

Just did some light weathering, oil streaks

DR1008.jpg

think I need some more oil

Not far from finishing this, I'm apprehensive about the landing gear. Very delicate assembly, maybe about 3 beers in me and I can take it on..:rotf

Well at least you won't known if you messed up until morning. :rotf

Pretty oily. (y)

Well got brave today, really don't like how this goes together but it's on on it's axle. Need to paint the wheels, do some light rigging and some touch up paint. Maybe get it knocked out tomorrow. :hmmm

Back