• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ferrari 250 SWB 'Berlinetta'

Days eight thru eleven.
Well we're almost there, much polishing and buffing followed by applying the 'BMF' to the sills, which to be honest hasn't gone too well partly because of the poor definition of the molded sills and partly because I was having an 'off day' when I did it.

h6ab0c5e.jpg

hafa2221.jpg

Final assembly early next week. Thanks for talikng the time to look and/or comment. More soon.

Ian.

Call this a 'non-update'

I mentioned that I need to respray the bumpers in 'proper' polished aluminium, well it turns-out that the AK 'Extreme Metals' paints that I now use are less than half the price in UK than they are here, so I'll load-up on them when I'm home in a couple of weeks, then finish the Ferrari when I get back.

AFN

Ian.

Looking really good Ian. You have inspired me - I just bought the Fujimi 250 GTO and 330P4, and I am really considering the 458 Italia :blush: Gonna need a lot of red paint!

:ro:

I have the RoG 458, very nice indeed and a LOT cheaper than the Fujimi kit !! - The only one I'd really like to get now is the RoG La Ferrari, that looks incredible, even as a plastic kit.

Ian.

...and we're back.

You may remember that before I went on vacation, I mentioned that I'd be buying AK 'Extreme Metal - Chrome' to complete the brightwork. Well it's all done now and I'm on the 'white flag lap'...

h56bbc34.jpg

hb15e49c.jpg

Just the knock-off bezels, wipers, tail pipes and light lenses to go. Will be all finished tomorrow. Thanks everyone for following along, as ever its really appreciated and never taken for granted.

Ian.

What did you think of the Xtreme Metal? :good:

Whilst it isn't as 'bulletproof' as Alclad it isn't as 'fussy' either, perhaps 'tempramental' is a better word. still need to work-out how to get the best out of the 'chrome' tone but I like them a lot and I'm pretty much converted for NMF finishes now.

Ian.

Back