• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ferdinand ' 624 ' Kursk 1943

Matt,
Still love it. Looks like all the German Armor after the Soviets
rolled through. (I do love Soviet Armor) Sorry everyone.
Great paint job, like Ruben says,
"Step away for the model" "keep your hands where we can see them"
Looks great just the way it is. If you need to you can go mucking
around with it some more, but it looks great just the way it is.
Shawn

Shawn , Viper , Olav thank you very much my friends you comments are much appreciated

Shawn , i have done i bit more here and there , not to much , finished the chips and scratches added some more rust ( not on the fighting compartment hull ) next i will add some dust and dirt but i have to finish the scratches on the lower hull

Not to sure if some update photo's would show up the added weathering etc

cheer's

Matt :)

Shawn , Iowabrit , Ian thanks guy's for your kind comments , much appreciated
Well here are a few more update photo's , not that much has been done the last week because it's been to bloody HOT !!!! to do anything , i have added more rust and grime streaks , few more chips here and there , dirt was also added using pigments the lower hull, wheels , back and front lower hull plates all still need to be finished
The spare track links on the front fenders were given different tones of rust coloured pigments to add some visual interest
The sledge hammer on the left hand side i chipped away at the handle then added black pigments with a little white to give that burnt wood look
Here are a few ( well quite a few :unsure: ) photo's of where i am at .............
DSC_0009-7.jpg

DSC_0012-13.jpg

DSC_0013-5.jpg

DSC_0015-5.jpg

DSC_0016-5.jpg

DSC_0006-17.jpg

DSC_0003-7.jpg

DSC_0002-16.jpg

I am always adding small subtle weathering detail here and there until i am happy with the result ( added up this would be hours and hours of work ) to me this is the most relaxing and enjoyable part of the process that's probably why i only build 3 maybe 4 kits a year

So thanks again for taking a look and as usual any questions , comments or feedback is more than welcome

cheer's

Wow! :woohoo: Fantastical, Mr Beattie! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Seriously, dude.... wow! :blink Man... I'm actually at a loss for words... I don't think I'll bother even pitching up at W&T :laugh: :laugh:

Incredible. I hate to see such a beast as this destroyed but it is just too cool for words. You have an excellent piece here. Look forward to seeing the completed work.
In awe,
James

Absolutely fantabulous job :) , you can see the amount of hours involved just in the depth and richness of color ! You must be so stoked with how it is going ?

Jenny :kiss:

Matt,
I've got nothing to add that hasn't already been said.
I'll be picking up my jaw and carrying it around for the rest of the day.
Thanks for posting the great pictures.
Looks as real as it gets.
Shawn

Thank you all so much for your kind words as i have said before , it really means a lot ..... thanks
Since the last photo's i have added some more detail ie. the radio/driver hatches , mantlet shield , started the pistol port plugs , finished the chipping on the lower hull , road wheels etc and added some more dirt and grime ( i know i can't help my self :unsure: ) but not to much only a bit here and there
I have noticed i haven't painted in between the outer and inner ( the track guide horn space ? ) road wheels so out with the metallic paint to fix this mistake :blush: but in hindsight you wont see much of this area but i will know it is there

thanks again everyone for your support

cheer's

Kristof , Sherman 18 thanks for your kind comments , i have now 99% finished this build ( well the tank , haven't started the base yet ) so if i get time today i will post some update shots

cheer's

Back