• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ferdinand ' 624 ' Kursk 1943

Mike , Tanktrax thanks guy's much appreciated
Well i have finally finished the build and i'm really happy with how it turned out
The photo's just don't show up all the detail and to me they look a little yellow in tone ( i bought new globes but i think i will get some " cool white " ones to see how they look
I will only add some more grime and dirt to blend it with the base once i have finished it
Not to sure on what Russian figures to use so i am open to suggestions
It will be a basic base , typical of the Kursk area of open grassy plains , so it doesn't detract from the vehicle (it being the main focus )
Thanks again to everyone who has followed this build so far and all the great comments .... cheer's
So this is how she look's so far
DSC_0002-17.jpg

DSC_0005-18.jpg

DSC_0006-18.jpg

DSC_0007-13.jpg

DSC_0008-16.jpg

DSC_0010-8.jpg

DSC_0013-6.jpg

Some of the wheels on the damaged side do seem to be defying the law of gravity but once it's on the base all will be fixed

Thanks for taking the time to have a look , any comments , questions are more than welcome

cheer's again

Matt :)

Mighty Fine Mighty Fine :woohoo:

I can't say i'm happy about you blowin up one of my ladies
but it's still a Mighty Fine Job you did anyway. :lol:

SPGs Forever
Tony Lee

Tankktrax , thank you i just don't know what to say :blush:

Tony , thank you as well and i do apologise for destroying one of your ladies ;) i will restore her to her former glory :lol: ( no just kidding )

cheer's again guy's

Hi again Tanktrax , i think they were painted yellow ( i hope so 'cause that's what i've done ) as the white , when the hatches were open , would have stood out to much giving their position away to much and painted yellow they would blend in with the rest of the camo scheme , i may be wrong but i am sure that's why they were painted the body colour

thanks again

Fantastic details Matt, I luv it. B) B) :)
Please don't overdo it though as you will destroy a masterpiece :( . I reckon you have it just right at this point. I always think the plugs on the chains are a nice touch. Where did thses come from and are the plugs metal?

Ian.

Thanks for your kind words Ian and BTW how have you been
Not to worry i will leave it as it is , i agree you can over do it at times and i am happy with the result as is
The pistol port plugs are the plastic kit ones , the kit also comes with chain but it's a little over scale so i used some smaller scale stuff i had in the stash , still a little over scale but it will do
This kit is fantastic , highly recommended , the amount of detail is awesome

cheer's again Ian

Hey Matt,

Sorry for not posting much lately, been busy with other things and no time for models. Your Ferdi looks awesome, fantastic job on the painting, especially the tracks. The darn things look too real :woohoo:
I'm looking forward to seeing this baby on a base and some groundwork.

Rob
http://site.scratchmod.com/

:woohoo: ......

..... should I call you Red´s Master?

I´m realy impressed with your work ... really outstanding.

I know how complex is to make a project like that ... so ... hat off!!!

Having seen this in the flesh, I can attest to how good this looks.
Photos just don't do it justice. Seriously Matt, some of the best work I've seen.
Well done mate.

Jurgs

Matt , I always love seeing your work , ......... beautiful !!!!

Whenever someone mentions Russian soldiers I always think TANK , ............ my 2 cents .

The dismounted Russian tanker with the mp and infantry man looks cool ........

1TANK-35057.jpg

1TANK-35073.jpg

1TANK-35061.jpg

1TANK-35056.jpg

1TANK-35059.jpg

1TANK-35060.jpg

1TANK-35058.jpg

Jurgs , thank you so much , man i just don't know what to say BTW was great catching up on Sunday and you should also be proud of your Bergpanzer and for getting 1st , well done

Sven , great to hear from you my friend and thank you as well , truly means a lot

Glenn , thank you , much appreciated and as for the figures i must have read your mind , the last photo is the ones i have got for my dio , maybe you could help me with what colours ( preferably Vallejo ) as i will start painting them soon

cheer's and thank you again guy's

G'day all , i have finally decided to update this build ( well i have just finished the base today so that would be why :S )
As i have mentioned the base is 99% finished minus the figures as i am in the middle of painting them ,
This is the first time i have used Silfor Mininatur and all i can say about this product it WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It blows my mind ( which doesn't take much ) at the detail in the grass and weeds that i have used for the ground work
So here are a few update photo's ............ enjoy
DSC_0002-22.jpg

DSC_0004-14.jpg

DSC_0007-17.jpg

DSC_0014-7.jpg

DSC_0015-6.jpg

DSC_0018-2.jpg

DSC_0019-3.jpg

DSC_0023-4.jpg

Apologies for the amount of photo's used but i couldn't decide which ones to use

Thanks for taking the time to have a look

Any questions , comments etc. are more than welcome

Later

Back